• The KillerFrogs

Rivals: Jeff Brohm on Elijah Sindelar: "It will be a game-time decision”

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Jeff Brohm on Elijah Sindelar: "It will be a game-time decision”

Tom Dienhart • GoldandBlack
@TomDienhart1

Purdue’s chances for victory on Saturday night at home vs. TCU may hinge on whether quarterback Elijah Sindelar can play.

The fifth-year senior suffered a “slight concussion,” according to Jeff Brohm, in last week's home win vs. Vanderbilt. And, the Purdue coach seems optimistic he may play vs. the Horned Frogs (1-0) when the game kicks off at 7:30 p.m. ET in Ross-Ade Stadium.

“He is still in concussion protocol,” said Brohm after Thursday’s practice. “We are gonna let it play out. It will be a game-time decision.”

Read more at https://purdue.rivals.com/news/purdue-boilermakers-football-jeff-brohm-13

Paint It Purple

As I understand the protocol, it is extremely stringent and restrictive relative to physical and mental activities. Things like TV, social media, film study are expressly prohibited; in addition to anything exceeding light aerobic activity on a stationary bike. I would be very surprised if he plays. Best of luck though to the young man. Hope he heals well. Regarding his possible replacement...be careful what you wish for.

JockO de Frog

If this kid plays- I'm filing a lawsuit against Purdue. If he's till in concussion protocol thursday night his brain is absolutely not suitable to play 48 hours later. Brahm should be sued for endangerment and battery if this kid sees the field
Not sure how these things work but I don't think it is Brohms call.

Purp

Not sure how these things work but I don't think it is Brohms call.
Depends on the program. I don't believe for a second that if it were Tom Herman or Briles coaching (others fit in this category too) that the kid would be practicing all week with the expectation of playing while they said he was in concussion protocol. Other coaches take this more seriously. I honestly have no idea which type of coach Brohm is on this sliding scale of coaching ethics.

Ron Swanson

As I understand the protocol, it is extremely stringent and restrictive relative to physical and mental activities. Things like TV, social media, film study are expressly prohibited; in addition to anything exceeding light aerobic activity on a stationary bike. I would be very surprised if he plays. Best of luck though to the young man. Hope he heals well. Regarding his possible replacement...be careful what you wish for.
The Purdue QB has been practicing this week. It was confirmed by reporters and the HC in an interview posted to YouTube yesterday.

The coach said the QB was in concussion protocol and then said he didn’t want to say what all that the QB was doing because he wasn’t sure what all was allowed. Then the reporters said “well we have seen him practicing the last couple days” or something along those lines, and the coach kind of nervously chuckled.

Froggish

So the Amish are actually in protocol

Purp

The Purdue QB has been practicing this week. It was confirmed by reporters and the HC in an interview posted to YouTube yesterday.

The coach said the QB was in concussion protocol and then said he didn’t want to say what all that the QB was doing because he wasn’t sure what all was allowed. Then the reporters said “well we have seen him practicing the last couple days” or something along those lines, and the coach kind of nervously chuckled.
So he's either not in concussion protocol and they're being coy or Brohm is a Herman type of coach. I've had a gut feeling he would play all week and it doesn't really make me more or less nervous than I otherwise would have been.

SuperBarrFrog

I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t play. Get after his ass and make him wish he hadn’t.
Was listening to stats o war pod and they interviewed SB nation guy from Purdue. He said the QB is basically a statue I’m the pocket and doesn’t run at all. Hopefully that means we can get some hits on him.

Froggish

Was listening to stats o war pod and they interviewed SB nation guy from Purdue. He said the QB is basically a statue I’m the pocket and doesn’t run at all. Hopefully that means we can get some hits on him.

Their offensive line is oddly similar to our own..Pass blocks extremely well but run blocking is blah...This was a point that NFL draft advisers gave Niang after last season when he was deciding if he should enter the draft. Pass blocking grades really high, run blocking needs a lot of work..

All that to say, the Purdue QB hasn’t been pressured hardly at all in 2 games..