• The KillerFrogs

An Ode to TCU: The Littlest of Little Brother Schools

Lone Frog

Secretly Purdue is just Indiana A&M, vet school and everything. While it may seem ignorant to call a lizard a frog, they have a steam boiler repairman for a mascot and train tracks on their helmets...just in see diesel and electric trains.

I can't be the only one who thinks their mascot looks like Woody from Toy Story.

G

Ghost of Tobys Business College

Honestly, the only thing I knew about Purdue was that they claim(ed) to have the World's Largest Drum (the Guinness Book says otherwise):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purdue_Big_Bass_Drum

This paragraph made me laugh though:
"While the drum may have been the world's largest in overall size at the time it was constructed, other drums have claimed the title of world's largest, such as the Millennium Drum[citation needed]. However, no official comparative measurement has ever been made. In 1961, the University of Texas and Purdue University chapters of Kappa Kappa Psi, an honorary band fraternity, pledged to bring their drums to the national convention in Wichita, Kansas for a direct comparison; however, only Purdue showed up. As of 2013, the University of Texas and University of Missouri have larger drums at 8 feet tall/44 inches wide and 9 feet tall/54 inches wide, respectively."

RufeBruton

Secretly Purdue is just Indiana A&M, vet school and everything. While it may seem ignorant to call a lizard a frog, they have a steam boiler repairman for a mascot and train tracks on their helmets...just in see diesel and electric trains.

I like that they identify with a really terrible cocktail. Had to look this up, but there are some interesting names for some boilermaker offshoots:

Imp 'n' Arn, Imperial whisky and Iron City Beer, exclusive to Pittsburgh.
Irish Car Bomb, an American pairing of a shot of Irish cream and whiskey into a glass of stout
Kopstootje ("little headbutt"), a Dutch pairing of Jenever (Dutch gin) and beer,[9] term attested 1943
U-Boot, a German pairing of vodka and beer
The Chicago Handshake, a shot of Jeppson's Malört alongside Old Style beer

Maybe the mindset is changing. I have had a couple of jobs in Dallas was taken aback by the mindset by some towards FTW that I worked with. I went on a interview back in 93’ for Drees Homes and all the interviewer could do was bash FTW and then questioned me why would I live in FTW. The guy had never been to FTW. He was a relo from Cincinnati.
LOL. Cincinnati, the drain hole of the rust belt.

PurpleBloodSpitter

boliermaker... please make fun of my mascot

2014... please make fun of my bowl game

63-14 loss for big brother purdue... please make fun of last year's bowl performance.

3... of the seven individual awards on your wikipedia page are awards named after TCU greatness.

0... number of times Drew Brees has ever given a shout out to big brother.

I'm sure it blows to be a laughing stock for two decades..

Can't wait to drain little brother's big purple disco balls on you this Saturday.

ThisIsOurTime

Goliath roared with anger when Jesse's youngest son came out to do battle, leaving his six big brothers behind in camp.

"The kid" then slew Goliath with one shot and decapitated him.

Dude...be careful when you mess with "the littlest brother."

God did have a tendency to favor the younger brothers in the OT: Ephraim, Jacob and even Joseph was the second youngest of Jacob's sons.

froginmn

I'll summarize, so you don't need to click.

Little man with little [the old Ricardo] make little sense.

Edit: needed to go back and self filter.

HFrog1999

I worked in Dallas for 17 years. There are plenty of people who have never even left the Dallas city limits who think Fort Worth has dirt streets and outhouses. I’m not kidding either.

I travel all over the Metroplex and all over the country. Dallas is a ____hole that’s only getting worse. I’m thankful everyday when I make it out of there alive

giphy.gif