• The KillerFrogs

Week 3: TCU @ Purdue

4th. down

Pretty sure Davis is the one that would be on punt returns, not Demercado

Davis is a burner for sure but don't know about his hands (he had a couple of drops against APB). GP likes Demercado, has said so numerous times. Believe he or someone else that has good decision making and hands. Turp rarely fumbled a punt.

Frogo

His backup is freshman Jack Plummer out of Arizona. Pretty highly rated kid coming out of HS. No idea if he's related to the great Jake Plummer. He's not his son but I wouldn't be surprised if there is some connection there.

Maybe he's related to Christopher Plummer. He can act like a quarterback.

RoyaltyWorePurple

Davis is a burner for sure but don't know about his hands (he had a couple of drops against APB). GP likes Demercado, has said so numerous times. Believe he or someone else that has good decision making and hands. Turp rarely fumbled a punt.
Really would prefer someone who can just catch a punt. Please don't take me back the Skye Dawson hand-wringing of "are we going to end up with the ball?"

BoilermakerD

Astute observation by that poster that Purdue plays better defense when the other team doesn’t have a good passer.

That poster is me.

What I meant is, pick a position for the other team to have a good player. Imagine their QB is a good pass first QB and RB/rushing game is so so, or Vice versa:

1. Pass first QB - Purdue has struggled against these teams, all things equal, since 2003. We haven’t had three linebackers who are good in pass coverage since then. You wouldn’t have to be a very good team at all for me to be worried if you had colt Brennan at QB

2. RB/rushing attack - Purdue does very well when they can key on a back without having to worry about a QB who can pick them apart with accurate passes to receivers on the move. Take last year’s game with Boston college. Dillon was supposed to be this amazing back. Anthony brown couldn’t pass accurately to receivers in stride. Wasn’t a whole field passer. Purdue took Dillon away and BCs offense couldn’t do anything.

I’ll take my analysis over your rivals guy.

6:52 - “Quarterback is a new guy, little bit of a question mark there too”

Slight problem.. he’s talking about the number one passer in the nation through two games. This stooge sounds like a lot of raiders fans I’ve met. I think he thinks you guys will beat us about 77-3, before he leads TCU to canton Ohio to demand some damn answers lol

Moose Stuff

That poster is me.

What I meant is, pick a position for the other team to have a good player. Imagine their QB is a good pass first QB and RB/rushing game is so so, or Vice versa:

1. Pass first QB - Purdue has struggled against these teams, all things equal, since 2003. We haven’t had three linebackers who are good in pass coverage since then. You wouldn’t have to be a very good team at all for me to be worried if you had colt Brennan at QB

2. RB/rushing attack - Purdue does very well when they can key on a back without having to worry about a QB who can pick them apart with accurate passes to receivers on the move. Take last year’s game with Boston college. Dillon was supposed to be this amazing back. Anthony brown couldn’t pass accurately to receivers in stride. Wasn’t a whole field passer. Purdue took Dillon away and BCs offense couldn’t do anything.

Slight problem.. he’s talking about the number one passer in the nation through two games. This stooge sounds like a lot of raiders fans I’ve met. I think he thinks you guys will beat us about 77-3, before he leads TCU to canton Ohio to demand some damn answers lol

LMAO at Rivals. I didn’t even know we had a Rivals site. I would totally ignore whatever goes on over there. Try 247/Horned Frog Blitz

Last edited:

ticketfrog123

That poster is me.

Thanks for visiting. Please go back to your mental facility after the TCU game.

Sindelar is not the nation’s #1 passer or anywhere close to it with tempo adjusted or advanced statistics. He is #1 in pass attempts and pass yards, which mean nothing in the grand scheme.

Your own fan base mocked him for being cocky and acting like he’s an NFL 1st round lock.

While our offense was terrible last year, it was still better than BC, which has a consistent bottom 30 offense and hasn’t had a QB since Matt Ryan.

Here’s one realistic ranking of pass efficiency. https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/8

QBR is another

BoilermakerD

Thanks for visiting. Please go back to your mental facility after the TCU game.

Sindelar is not the nation’s #1 passer or anywhere close to it with tempo adjusted or advanced statistics. He is #1 in pass attempts and pass yards, which mean nothing in the grand scheme.

Your own fan base mocked him for being [ the old ricardo ]y and acting like he’s an NFL 1st round lock.

While our offense was terrible last year, it was still better than BC, which has a consistent bottom 30 offense and hasn’t had a QB since Matt Ryan.

Here’s one realistic ranking of pass efficiency. https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/8

QBR is another

So a way for moron to say that would be this..

“Elijah Sindelar is young and there are some question marks there.”
“Well, you realize he is number one in passing yards in the nation right?”
“Yes, but only 36th in passing efficiency. Of course, now would be a good time to note that in pass efficiency, Max Duggan is 57th and Alex Delton is 116th.. and that after playing Arkansas Pine Bluff.. so I guess we have some REAL question marks at that position.”

You also showed you aren’t that bright with the Boston college comment. One of your posters tried to mock where I was going by stating that when teams struggle to pass we play better. I gave BS as an example. Another would be vandy, who got all of their yards in garbage time.

To line up and run us off the line you have to be better all across your line than TCUs guards graded out per PFF against APB.

Ohio State lol. Go ask their fans if they wanna play at Ross Ade any time soon.

BoilermakerD

Hmmmm...we seem to have a pretty good record against Wisconsin in recent history.

I was giving an example of the style we struggle with. Your offense does not play that style.

I do believe that when you have a clash between a defensive coach like Patterson and an offensive coach like Brohm.. the game will usually be won between TCUs O and Purdue’s D

ticketfrog123

“Yes, but only 36th in passing efficiency. Of course, now would be a good time to note that in pass efficiency, Max Duggan is 57th and Alex Delton is 116th.. and that after playing Arkansas Pine Bluff.. so I guess we have some REAL question marks at that position.”

You also showed you aren’t that bright with the Boston college comment. One of your posters tried to mock where I was going by stating that when teams struggle to pass we play better. I gave BS as an example. Another would be vandy, who got all of their yards in garbage time.

To line up and run us off the line you have to be better all across your line than TCUs guards graded out per PFF against APB.

Like I already said, you have comprehension issues or a bird brain.

I never mentioned Sindelar’s age. The filter blocked out “overly confident” or a D-bag

Here’s the ESPN QBR rating. I didn’t want to overwhelm you with numbers. I’m sure you can’t count larger than your number of fingers and toes.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/qbr

Duggan is ahead of Sindelar. Does it matter through 2 games? Not much...but Sindelar isn’t a Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence which is what you’re claiming.

Moose Stuff

Incorrect. I didn’t TRY to mock you. I DID mock you. Kick rocks dude.

BoilermakerD

Like I already said, you have comprehension issues or a bird brain.

I never mentioned Sindelar’s age.

Here’s the ESPN QBR rating. I didn’t want to overwhelm you with numbers. I’m sure you can’t count larger than your number of fingers and toes.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/qbr

Duggan is ahead of Sindelar. Does it matter through 2 games? Not much...but Sindelar isn’t a Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence which is what you’re claiming.

Jesus Christ you’re stupid. I was taking issue with the tcu rival guys comments. He did mention his age and act as though he was talking about a young kid who completed 6 passes for 67 yards or something