• The KillerFrogs

What will it take?

TCUWIN

A win!!! Seriously, I want to see the defense continue to tackle well in space as I thought we did and show schemes that take advantage of Purdue's weaknesses. I want to see the offense have some sort of an identity and have some creativity within that identity. And special teams to continue to be solid. Basically, I don't want to walk away from the game and feel like our coaches (offensive) cost us a win.

Froggish

To get some of you off the ledge? That is, what margin of victory over Purdue this weekend will make you think that maybe, just maybe, the APB game was a case of first game jitters?

I’d take anything over 14 points.

What say you?

Hmm well it’s a road game against a team with a ceiling of probably 7-8 games..I’ll take a 1 point win but a double digit victory would make me feel pretty good about the Frogs getting to that 8-9 win mark or better.

Wexahu

To get some of you off the ledge? That is, what margin of victory over Purdue this weekend will make you think that maybe, just maybe, the APB game was a case of first game jitters?

I’d take anything over 14 points.

What say you?

It's not so much margin of victory, I want to see the offense a) look different and b) look good. Not worried about the defense over the long haul. Very worried about the offense.

Honestly, I'll feel a lot better with a 40-34 win than a 17-3 win because until our offense figures things out every game is gonna be a struggle. I just always think GP will find a way to right the ship on defense if we have a poor outing or two on that side of the ball.

Mean Purple

Hmm well it’s a road game against a team with a ceiling of probably 7-8 games..I’ll take a 1 point win but a double digit victory would make me feel pretty good about the Frogs getting to that 8-9 win mark or better.
Well, if there were first game jitters causing issues against a SWAC team, then 7 wins is a good season. Would seem more likely that they overlooked APB rather than jitters. Not focused, etc.

Atomic Frawg

My opinion, the UAPB game was just to test stuff. The coaches and team knew there was no real threat. We moved the ball well enough between the 20s, but tested some basic stuff in the RZ. They wanted to see certain things from each QB that played, and they did.

Defense was much of the same. Basic coverages, and just relied on talent to get certain things done.

This week I expect a wide open game, utilizing Jet and The Sewo, which will open us up to more deep strikes. I'm thinking 38-24ish for the good guys.

CGP's up to something...and it's good.

Last edited:

WhatTheFrog

b32.jpg

4th. down

I’m not on the ledge, but I’ll be more optimistic if we score 35+ points. Nevada scored 34. Vandy 24. If our offense isn’t better than those two teams, it doesn’t bode well.

Got to agree on this. Our offense needs to come alive and get to moving those chains consistently.

Need to dog the QB, Vandy had no sacks, can't let him shoot at you all night. He's not a runner, put the pressure on him and don't sit back in coverage every play.

My opinion, the UAPB game was just to test stuff. The coaches and team knew there was no real threat. We moved the ball well enough between the 20s, but tested some basic stuff in the RZ. They wanted to see certain things from each QB that played, and they did.

Defense was much of the same. Basic coverages, and justvrelied on talent to get certain things done.

This week I expect a wide open game, utilizing Jet and The Deep, which willbopen us up to more deep strikes. I'm thinking 38-24ish for the food guys.

CGP's up to something...and it's good.
I think you are in to something. To me the play calling on offense, especially the passing, seemed to be calculated to see the two QBs make various types of throws in game conditions.