• The KillerFrogs

OT- Current recs for streaming service?

jack the frog

Maybe a dumb question but are the YouTube channels HD? I am paying $230 a month plus Prime and Netflix costs for cable and wireless internet, no local phone no movie channels. Been doing that for way too long. Need to change.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
OK, here's another wrinkle. I am out in the sticks and our internet routes thru an ATT 4G "aircard." Do these YouTube, Roku, Firestick, Hulu things you speak of connect to the internet, or are they direct connections to a satellite or something else? This aircard really sucks and regularly disconnects everything from the internet, so I really want to get rid of it when we cut the cord. Advice? We have DirectTV now, but wouldn't mind getting rid of it and change to something better.

Purp

OK, here's another wrinkle. I am out in the sticks and our internet routes thru an ATT 4G "aircard." Do these YouTube, Roku, Firestick, Hulu things you speak of connect to the internet, or are they direct connections to a satellite or something else? This aircard really sucks and regularly disconnects everything from the internet, so I really want to get rid of it when we cut the cord. Advice? We have DirectTV now, but wouldn't mind getting rid of it and change to something better.
Have you looked into satellite internet with a VPN? Not sure how else to get high speed internet in the boonies.

ETA: And yes, these devices connect to the interwebs to stream.

lazydaze

Maybe a dumb question but are the YouTube channels HD? I am paying $230 a month plus Prime and Netflix costs for cable and wireless internet, no local phone no movie channels. Been doing that for way too long. Need to change.
I assume it’s HD because my YouTube Tv picture is perfect. I don’t use a Roku device because my TV is already wireless. Just download the ap on the smart TV. Simply sign up for free trial to see what you think. Easy to cancel. Also you can then install both the ESPN and Fox Sports Go ap selecting YouTubeTv as your television provider. There is no contract so you can cancel and restart anytime. Also can watch from two devices at same time.

SuperBarrFrog

YouTube tv is great. You can also share it with others thru google family, up to 5 people I think. Each person gets their own login and unlimited dvr space. I pay $50 a month and let my dad back in MO, my brother, and two of my friends use my account too. You get every sports channel I can think as well. Also whenever you travel and air bnb you can log in to your account on any smart tv which was awesome during spring training in Florida to watch march madness. Great service.

Frog-in-law1995

Whaaaaaaaat? I pay exactly half that. $60 for 100/100 internet through Frontier and $55 for PSVue with the sports addition.

Frog-in-law1995

Yes, all internet based. You’ll want at least a 5mb/sec download speed for streaming TV, assuming no other devices drawing from it. Don’t know anything about the aircard...sounds like early DSL. I’d move to civilization.

Be advised that, as of two days ago, YouTubeTV is no longer eligible to stream ESPN3.

We've definitely had baseball and basketball games on there before. Not sure about football, but definitively something to consider if you watch non-football sports.

Highly recommend PlayStation Vue for sports... they will have the TCU game tonight with the sports pack, and I’m currently watching 4 games on split screen and it’s beautiful.

I’ve also used YouTube TV and liked it, and AT&T TV Now and it was OK. AT&T TV Now has the biggest channel selection by far, YouTube TV has probably the best overall product but they channel package is a tad thin.