• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Chongo94

Anyone see the most recent Godzilla movie and if so, was it any good?

It’s on ppv now and I was thinking of giving it a view. I know parts will be cheesy but the first one was halfway decent.

tetonfrog

Anyone see the most recent Godzilla movie and if so, was it any good?

It’s on ppv now and I was thinking of giving it a view. I know parts will be cheesy but the first one was halfway decent.

Saw it and was a little disappointed. The fight scenes were cool, but the rest of the it was ridiculous. The family dynamic in it made the whole thing dumb for me. Still, fight scenes were cool.

I was also a little disappointed in Rocket Man. The Queen movie was much better.

Eight

no words for the potential greatness of this, but then again i am fairly sure there are no words to the script other than girl gets drugged and taken by cartel, john goes to get her and calls upon every skill and weapon he has devised in every previous rambo movie.

ThisIsOurTime

Some other good Christian movies:
  1. Voiceless- about a church youth director dealing with an abortion clinic

2. Do You Believe?- about faith in modern times for various people

3. Mountain Top- about faith in modern times with a person who has visions

4. Seasons of Gray- A modern day version of the story of Joseph

5. Book of Daniel- a biblical account of Daniel and his experiences

6. The Heart of Man- part movie/part documentary dealing with sexual sin

7. The Passion of The Christ- its sequel is to come out next year
Have also heard some good things about Silence (2016), The Prince of Egypt, Calvary, Escape (the pureflix movie not Norwegian horror movie) and Risen.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Some other good Christian movies:
  1. Voiceless- about a church youth director dealing with an abortion clinic

2. Do You Believe?- about faith in modern times for various people

3. Mountain Top- about faith in modern times with a person who has visions

4. Seasons of Gray- A modern day version of the story of Joseph

5. Book of Daniel- a biblical account of Daniel and his experiences

6. The Heart of Man- part movie/part documentary dealing with sexual sin

7. The Passion of The Christ- its sequel is to come out next year
Have also heard some good things about Silence (2016), The Prince of Egypt, Calvary, Escape (the pureflix movie not Norwegian horror movie) and Risen.
The book, "The Shack" was very moving, but have not seen the movie.

ThisIsOurTime

The book, "The Shack" was very moving, but have not seen the movie.
I have heard good things about the book but haven't seen the movie. It got 77% from audience on Rotten Tomatoes. I have found that 70% and above is usually pretty good rule of thumb for being a good movie. The author is actually part of the documentary movie "The Heart of Man" that I mentioned above.

Frogcrates

For anyone looking for a new series to get into, highly recommend Succession on HBO. Hilarious, very well written, and might just hit a little close to home for a few folks at TCU.

nwlafrog

Looking forward to watching Ad Astra. I’m big on space movies. Recently... Interstellar, Life, The Martian, and Arrival have all been solid, imo. Gravity was decent as well.

Edit - guardians of the galaxy 1 and 2 have to count for something and they were very entertaining.

namollec

no words for the potential greatness of this, but then again i am fairly sure there are no words to the script other than girl gets drugged and taken by cartel, john goes to get her and calls upon every skill and weapon he has devised in every previous rambo movie.

Saw this yesterday afternoon. Lots of action. But where the earlier movies were all shoot'em up, bomb them type "from a distance" killings, these were mostly up close knife work victims. IMO, the most violent of movie of the series.