• The KillerFrogs

OT: Best Inexpensive Restaurants in FTW

Frogs Reign

Montgomery Street Cafe (good Breakfast) - closes at 2:00
Aventino’s (good Italian) family owned and personal friends
Snooze (great for breakfast and good drinks)

All very reasonably priced

Billy Clyde

What are your go to inexpensive restaurants in Ft. Worth? I am trying to show someone the greatness that is Cowtown. I know the Railhead will be up there for many people because life is too short to live in Dallas.

If you are trying to show variety you might want to hit one of the many Pho houses around town. The one by Central Market is reliable, as is the one across from the mall on Hulen. But if you want the, "experience," as well as good product, My Lan in Haltom City is the best combination of "authentic," and "sanitary," in Haltom. :) It's on Beach just north of Belknap, in a strip center next to a Pep Boys.

frogs9497

Got food poisoning at the Tavern (only time in my life). Will never go back.

That’s a shame you got sick. It’s owned by the same group or person that owns Pacific Table, another good restaurant. I had a few drinks one night with the executive chef at B&B, and I asked what other places he liked in FW. The Tavern was his first mention.

CountryFrog

My go-to order is the shrimp and egg burrito with a bunch of butt-burnin sauce, salt and pepper.

Delish
I always knew you were a smart guy. That's also my go to order along with the chips and queso.

Their shrimp quesadilla is also terrific when I want to change it up a little.

Billy Clyde

It is spelled faux. I think it’s French or German or something. I make that mistake all of the time.

I believe you have the pronunciation a little off... They say it with a soft "u" sound. I know because I've been to a bunch of different places and I always ask the waiter, "What's the best thing you little peckers have in this joint?" Then they say it's the bar-b-que, which they don' t even advertise. Weird, right? But for sure, 100% of the time, they say, "Pho-Q, sir." And then they bring me shrimp.