• The KillerFrogs

Fall camp thread

A few days ago I was road tripping and listen to the KSU CATPower podcast. They were discussing this years KSU team and they began a lively discussion about last years passing game. Both the insiders on the podcast essentially said no QB would have been successful at KSt throwing the ball as the passing scheme had become so elementary that it couldn’t possibly be successful. They described the scheme as being embarrassingly bad.

Now I’m not saying Delton won’t suck at TCU but at least he should have a better throwing scheme and better WRs to throw to. That has to account for something
Maybe, but ours was not that great either. Hopefully, we have implemented some changes that facilitate the QB's having the opportunity for more uncontested throws into space and that will make defenses account for us causing enough damage downfield that the very talented RB's also have a greater chance than they had constantly running into 8 man fronts last season.

Fosterpark Squatter

A few days ago I was road tripping and listen to the KSU CATPower podcast. They were discussing this years KSU team and they began a lively discussion about last years passing game. Both the insiders on the podcast essentially said no QB would have been successful at KSt throwing the ball as the passing scheme had become so elementary that it couldn’t possibly be successful. They described the scheme as being embarrassingly bad.

Now I’m not saying Delton won’t suck at TCU but at least he should have a better throwing scheme and better WRs to throw to. That has to account for something
Don't forget the nepotism at OC either

tcumaniac

Damn. Those 2008 - 2010 teams were just ridiculous. Hard to imagine emulating that kind of team again. Look at some of the names on that 2008 team:

Jerry Hughes, Tejay Johnson, Andy Dalton, Colin Jones, Stephen Hodge, Ed Wesley, Jason Phillips, Daryl Washington, Tank Carder, Robert Henson, Clint Gresham, Marcus Cannon, Marshall Newhouse, Jake Kirkpatrick, Jeremy Kerley, Jimmy Young, Wayne Daniels

CountryFrog

Damn. Those 2008 - 2010 teams were just ridiculous. Hard to imagine emulating that kind of team again. Look at some of the names on that 2008 team:

Jerry Hughes, Tejay Johnson, Andy Dalton, Colin Jones, Stephen Hodge, Ed Wesley, Jason Phillips, Daryl Washington, Tank Carder, Robert Henson, Clint Gresham, Marcus Cannon, Marshall Newhouse, Jake Kirkpatrick, Jeremy Kerley, Jimmy Young, Wayne Daniels
Plus Priest and Sanders were really good corners.

I still believe the 2009 team to be the most talented TCU team I've seen. The offense was really good and the defense was STACKED. In my dreams I think of the 2014 offense plus the 2009 defense together at the same time. I don't want to say what happens at the end of that dream, though.

Wexahu

And yet there are those here that seem to think we can't ever take that next step unless we start recruiting better. I think the average recruiting class of those teams was probably ranked in the 50's or 60's. It makes no sense to have the opinion that those teams were as good as any in the country and then say we need to start recruiting better now in order to be able to really compete. Our last 3-4 classes dwarfed those of the 2008-2010 teams in terms of signing higher profile, higher "stars" players.

jake102

And yet there are those here that seem to think we can't ever take that next step unless we start recruiting better. I think the average recruiting class of those teams was probably ranked in the 50's or 60's. It makes no sense to have the opinion that those teams were as good as any in the country and then say we need to start recruiting better now in order to be able to really compete. Our last 3-4 classes dwarfed those of the 2008-2010 teams in terms of signing higher profile, higher "stars" players.

Would the 2009, 2010 or 2014 team have beaten OU the past two years? I personally don't think so, especially Mayfield's OU. And probably more importantly, would those TCU teams have a chance against the current versions of Alabama and Clemson? Nope.