• The KillerFrogs

Fall camp thread

Farmfrog

Yep, just looked it up. Kyle Kummer started 1 game, against Army in 2004 when Hassell was injured. He was benched after we went down 17-0 and replaced by Hassell. We won 24-17 when Hobbs scored with less than a minute to go.

I was at that game at West Point and that was not a great game but a super win.

Froggish

I don't get all the drivel about Collins. He was adequate for us last season but not a world beater by any means. I hope he gets well and contributes if needed this year, but I saw enough last year to know he will not lead us to the promised land.
Tha Hand Man!! The Hand...We would have won out

Ron Swanson

Those who say they want Duggan to be starting by Game 6 are basically saying they want us to lose a game or two by then. I don't get how everyone seems to just KNOW that Duggan gives us the highest "upside" at this point. Haven't we learned anything from the past? Since when has a true freshman been able to be anything better than average for us? Hopefully this kid is better than anything we've seen around here in a long time, but how about watching him play a little bit before absolutely counting on that?

And then Collins comes back to practice and literally nobody seems to care. If Delton is the first option I'm not so sure a fully healthy Collins wouldn't be the second option, and I'm not 100% that would really be a bad thing.

The unknown guy seems to always be better than the known one, but we take it to a new level around here. I wish I could go dig up the posts about Shawn Robinson after he threw that TD pass in the state championship game. We all but had his seat reserved at the NY Downtown Athletic Club.
I think it’s very possible that we are 5-0 despite Delton having looked like a completely mediocre quarterback.

Obviously if we are winning games and Delton looks fantastic, that is the ideal scenario. If we are losing games and Delton looks bad, that is the worst case scenario. The gray zone will come if we are winning games but Delton looks fairly crappy and we are winning despite him. What do we do then?

LawFrog504

Those who say they want Duggan to be starting by Game 6 are basically saying they want us to lose a game or two by then. I don't get how everyone seems to just KNOW that Duggan gives us the highest "upside" at this point. Haven't we learned anything from the past? Since when has a true freshman been able to be anything better than average for us? Hopefully this kid is better than anything we've seen around here in a long time, but how about watching him play a little bit before absolutely counting on that?

And then Collins comes back to practice and literally nobody seems to care. If Delton is the first option I'm not so sure a fully healthy Collins wouldn't be the second option, and I'm not 100% that would really be a bad thing.

The unknown guy seems to always be better than the known one, but we take it to a new level around here. I wish I could go dig up the posts about Shawn Robinson after he threw that TD pass in the state championship game. We all but had his seat reserved at the NY Downtown Athletic Club.
This is astronomically silly

Wexahu

I think it’s very possible that we are 5-0 despite Delton having looked like a completely mediocre quarterback.

Obviously if we are winning games and Delton looks fantastic, that is the ideal scenario. If we are losing games and Delton looks bad, that is the worst case scenario. The gray zone will come if we are winning games but Delton looks fairly crappy and we are winning despite him. What do we do then?

I agree on Delton. How do we know that the 2019 version of Collins isn’t better than the 2019 version of Duggan? Yet hardly anyone is considering that’s even possible.

texas_sicilian

What if we don’t lose with Delton, but are just squeaking by the first four (exc APB)...?

Salfrog

Tier 1
I don't get all the drivel about Collins. He was adequate for us last season but not a world beater by any means. I hope he gets well and contributes if needed this year, but I saw enough last year to know he will not lead us to the promised land.

Same can be said about Delton except that he played 3 years at KSU and did absolutely nothing but lose the starting position on a bad team. That sounds worse to me.

82 Frog Fever

We’ll soon see. I do believe in the power of what a Fresh Start can do for careers.
I also believe the ingredients on this team may be right for someone like Delton
to come in and put up some vastly improved numbers from last year.

Froggish

Same can be said about Delton except that he played 3 years at KSU and did absolutely nothing but lose the starting position on a bad team. That sounds worse to me.

A few days ago I was road tripping and listen to the KSU CATPower podcast. They were discussing this years KSU team and they began a lively discussion about last years passing game. Both the insiders on the podcast essentially said no QB would have been successful at KSt throwing the ball as the passing scheme had become so elementary that it couldn’t possibly be successful. They described the scheme as being embarrassingly bad.

Now I’m not saying Delton won’t suck at TCU but at least he should have a better throwing scheme and better WRs to throw to. That has to account for something

TRF51

I have seen Collins play and he can throw the ball with decent accuracy. I have seen Delton play a fair share and I have never been that impressed. I would hope the freshman is better than any of them. If the Freshman is the best player and gives us the best chance to win why not start him, give him the experience before we start playing the better teams?