• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Considering that he managed to work in his emaciated self as a story element in 'True Detective' it is even more impressive...

Chongo94

Not a movie but anyone catch or catching The Boys on Amazon? That’s not bad at all. I was surprised at how quickly I began watching episodes back to back.

Really takes the superhero trope for a spin and makes you think. Can be cheesy in parts but mostly I am thoroughly enjoying it.

tetonfrog

Not a movie but anyone catch or catching The Boys on Amazon? That’s not bad at all. I was surprised at how quickly I began watching episodes back to back.

Really takes the superhero trope for a spin and makes you think. Can be cheesy in parts but mostly I am thoroughly enjoying it.

I have not seen the TV show, but the Graphic Novels are awesome. Garth Ennis is a twisted, twisted man. They are wonderful.

It is a shame they strayed so far away from the source material in the TV Preacher show. The graphc novels are so funny and outrageous.

Chongo94

I have not seen the TV show, but the Graphic Novels are awesome. Garth Ennis is a twisted, twisted man. They are wonderful.

It is a shame they strayed so far away from the source material in the TV Preacher show. The graphc novels are so funny and outrageous.

I haven’t read them but the show has made me want to read them. ‘Course I imagine it’s made others want to as well so the price has probably gone up to purchase them.

Preacher went downhill fast for me. So much potential but ruined by a laborious plot and staying away from source material as you mentioned.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Just saw a Once Upon A Time In Hollywood and loved it. Tarantino doing his thing. If you are old enough to remember 50s and 60s tv westerns, remember Steve McQueen, Sharon Tate, Manson or lived in LA in the 60s you might like it. Funny and weird as Tarantino usually is, with a little blood. Never been a big Brad Pitt guy, but thought he was great as a washed up stuntman.

Stay thru the credits, DiCaprio does a good 60s tv cigarette commercial...

HFrog1999

I watched Johnny Be Good on the plane yesterday.

The title should be changed to, THE ART BRILES STORY, starring Paul Gleason

johnny-be-good-hisler.jpg

Chongo94

Think I’m going to restart that. I missed so much that I can’t remember everything that was going on

If you’re talking about Saul, yeah I need to restart that as well. Saw the first two seasons on point but then just kept forgetting it was on and so the last two were spotty. Heck, I think I missed every episode from the most recent season.