• The KillerFrogs

First 2019 AP Poll

Mean Purple

Agree with some, not with some of it. Think TCU could be 24, based on other teams considered on that.
However, I'm like Packer on this. Means absolutely nothing. However, I am only like Packer on that to an extent.
Reasoning - Seems like in recent years, where folks were ranked did seem to impact how they got placed for consideration on the College Football Invitational rankings. Making it hard for certain folks to move up. (Meanwhile, certain folks jumped mainly based on brand)

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Agree with some, not with some of it. Think TCU could be 24, based on other teams considered on that.
However, I'm like Packer on this. Means absolutely nothing. However, I am only like Packer on that to an extent.
Reasoning - Seems like in recent years, where folks were ranked did seem to impact how they got placed for consideration on the College Football Invitational rankings. Making it hard for certain folks to move up. (Meanwhile, certain folks jumped mainly based on brand)
Long way to go at this point. Let’s just go win some games.

Mean Purple

LSU is going to obliterate Texas.
I am thinking the same. IF Texas can match the physical play, then they have a shot. IF LSU's offense is running as smooth as reports say, then it could be a long day for Texas.
I kind of see this being a one of two roads season for LSU. If they match what some folks say, I think they can win the SEC. If not at least a SEC West winner season, Coach O could be gone. (Which, for the record, I think would be a dumb move. Had Georgia kept Mark Richt, I feel they would have had the same success they had with Smart. If Smart had a down season and they pushed him out, I don't know if the next guy would go well. I feel the same about LSU from Miles to O.)

Wexahu

I am thinking the same. IF Texas can match the physical play, then they have a shot. IF LSU's offense is running as smooth as reports say, then it could be a long day for Texas.
I kind of see this being a one of two roads season for LSU. If they match what some folks say, I think they can win the SEC. If not at least a SEC West winner season, Coach O could be gone. (Which, for the record, I think would be a dumb move. Had Georgia kept Mark Richt, I feel they would have had the same success they had with Smart. If Smart had a down season and they pushed him out, I don't know if the next guy would go well. I feel the same about LSU from Miles to O.)

I disagree, Smart in little time has elevated Georgia to a higher place than Richt ever had them in his 12-15 years there, I don't see how you could say they've had had the same success with Richt. I remember when everyone used to kind of dismiss Georgia as being kind of a fraud program that always underperformed, nobody really thinks that anymore.

And the quicker LSU gets rid of Coach O, the better for them IMO. I just think there's plenty of better coaches they could go get.

Froggish

I disagree, Smart in little time has elevated Georgia to a higher place than Richt ever had them in his 12-15 years there, I don't see how you could say they've had had the same success with Richt. I remember when everyone used to kind of dismiss Georgia as being kind of a fraud program that always underperformed, nobody really thinks that anymore.

And the quicker LSU gets rid of Coach O, the better for them IMO. I just think there's plenty of better coaches they could go get.

Give them time....Georgia has always recruited exceptionally well. Now that the honeymoon phase is over the heat will turn up on Smart...He’s already experiencing some recruiting losses and transferring of 2deep players. We’ll see how well he holds up

MTfrog5

Texas huge weakness is at LB too. Not good going into that LSU game

Mean Purple

Richt had 2 SEC Championships. And when you consider that the SEC title game between Bama and Georgia, that went down to abou 5 yards and second, pretty much decided who would go on to roll the irish for the National Championship, not to mention Richt's 5 SEC Easter Division championships, I'd say it is hard to claim that Smart has elevated them to a level they have not been at under Richt. Froggish mentioned it already, but give it time, the usual under peformed lines will come soon enough.

Mean Purple

Give them time....Georgia has always recruited exceptionally well. Now that the honeymoon phase is over the heat will turn up on Smart...He’s already experiencing some recruiting losses and transferring of 2deep players. We’ll see how well he holds up
How it alwasy goes in Athens:
We play for National Championships.