• The KillerFrogs

OT - McMansions

tcudoc

What the heck?

Why do Republicans hate their fellow Americans so much? You can't claim to love America when you hate 85% of Americans.
America is a location. Americans are people.
You can love a house, but not love the people who live in that house.
You can love a car, but not love the persons inside the car.
You don't think you can love a country but not love some of the people who inhabit it?

For these reasons, I believe that the argument has been proven false. Illuminati confirmed and Soylent Green is people.

hiphopfroggy

America is a location. Americans are people.
You can love a house, but not love the people who live in that house.
You can love a car, but not love the persons inside the car.
You don't think you can love a country but not love some of the people who inhabit it?

For these reasons, I believe that the argument has been proven false. Illuminati confirmed and Soylent Green is people.

Republicans love inanimate objects and hate all people not exactly like them, Including 85% of Americans. Got it.

tcudoc

Republicans love inanimate objects and hate all people not exactly like them, Including 85% of Americans. Got it.
That was not my argument. You said "You can't claim to love America when you hate 85% of Americans." I just felt like that was not an accurate absolute statement, so I used examples to show why I think it can be proven false. That's all. The leap you made in the follow up post can also be easily shown to be not what I said. But I think you know that and were just saying that for hyperbole, which is fine. I'm just having fun and don't really have an interest in arguing politics. No one has ever been convinced to change their mind over politics by arguing on the internet.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
That was not my argument. You said "You can't claim to love America when you hate 85% of Americans." I just felt like that was not an accurate absolute statement, so I used examples to show why I think it can be proven false. That's all. The leap you made in the follow up post can also be easily shown to be not what I said. But I think you know that and were just saying that for hyperbole, which is fine. I'm just having fun and don't really have an interest in arguing politics. No one has ever been convinced to change their mind over politics by arguing on the internet.

Don't feed the troll.

Brog

Probably terrible. We’re in a position to upgrade but I can’t bring myself to write a tax check every year for more than the $15k we’re paying now.

Wow! Are you serious? You're paying $15,000 tax on a 2100 SQ. foot house? I knew Ft Worth taxes were high, but didn't know they were that high.

frogs9497

Wow! Are you serious? You're paying $15,000 tax on a 2100 SQ. foot house? I knew Ft Worth taxes were high, but didn't know they were that high.

3400 SF.

When we bought the house in 2009, property taxes were $8k. So that’s an 88% tax increase on a house with a tax appraisal increase of roughly 20% over the same period.

Mean Purple

Many of your neighbors are selling and buying much bigger homes in Texas. Especially north of Austin.
Don't worry, because of the view they bring with them, we will catch up in regs and inflated home prices in coming elections. And yes, the regs have much to do with the inflation of home prices. much.

Mean Purple

Give me a small house on a big lot instead of a big house 10 feet from my neighbors all day long. Never understood why people want a house in which 3-4 rooms go totally unused almost 100% of the time, but I see it a lot.
Often related to them wanting to live in a certain area. Like you, I'd rather have the bigger land area. But lot values the pretty high in and around the DFW area. And when you get outside of a city in the ETJ, it is becoming more of the same.

I am willing to drive 25 more minutes than I already do to live out in the sticks at this point.

Mean Purple

Not true. Many just hate dumb [rod gilmores] who push crazy [briles] nonsense that drive the costs up for the rest of us while [ Finebaum ] ing on our freedoms all because somebody was offended or some dip [ Finebaum ] was too scheiss ing nuts to realize a tree is not more important than people. Not really a party issue, just a dumb [ Finebaum ] issue.

hiphopfroggy

Actually, you could have typed anything in response to my post, and your response was that you can love cars and houses, both inanimate objects, and dislike the people in those inanimate objects.
You could have denied my claim that Republicans dislike most Americans but instead you proclaimed love for inanimate objects and doubled down on disliking persons inside said objects.

No hyperbole necessary.

hiphopfroggy

Not true. Many just hate dumb [rod gilmores] who push crazy [briles] nonsense that drive the costs up for the rest of us while [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] ing on our freedoms all because somebody was offended or some dip [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] was too scheiss ing nuts to realize a tree is not more important than people. Not really a party issue, just a dumb [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] issue.

But we could all accuse each other of being dumbasses and treat each other like poo poo and spread hate; do you really think that is the best mentality for our society?

HFrog1999

tenor.gif