• The KillerFrogs

OT - McMansions

HFrog1999

Agreed.

Altho I think I’ve figured that out also. If you are dual income both in corporations, it can work.

In regards to the McMansions, one of our close friends has one. He is a commodities trader and she was high level consulting for a big time company for 10 years until quitting to stay at home. They bought their house pretty much in cash at 31.

Yeah, dual income families with college degrees can make a lot of money.

My wife doesn’t work. If she did and she made as much as I do, we could “afford” an $800,000 home.

However, I probably make more money because she handles all of the domestic responsibilities allowing me to focus on my career.

HFrog1999

Do you ever drive through a really awesome neighborhood (say Westover Hills or Monticello) and wonder, "what do those people do for living?"

.... Well, do you any of you know?

I drive all over the metroplex. It’s amazing how many million dollar homes are around here.

I think most belong to dual income professionals and/or coastal transplants.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
We make our money from selling our +4s on stubhub, and look with pity at the huddled masses sweating in the sun as we sip our cocktails in the air conditioning overlooking our spacious empty seats in the lower west side bowl. Sometimes we say “someone should do something about that.” Then we order another round.

jake102

Yeah, dual income families with college degrees can make a lot of money.

My wife doesn’t work. If she did and she made as much as I do, we could “afford” an $800,000 home.

Yep - my wife quit when our kid was born. If she hadn’t we could have afforded in that range

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
In my place for 32 years. It’s a home not a house.
We were lucky enough to get into a 2100 sq ft house with guest house, in one of the (now) hottest neighborhoods in FW for $115k back in 2002. No way we could afford a house here now. We have decided this is our "forever home".