• The KillerFrogs

Purdue 2019 preview on BTN

Bob Sugar

ESPN's top-15 most exciting players this year: https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-football-most-exciting-players-no-tua-trevor

1. Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue: Maybe the most talented player Purdue has had since Drew Brees, Moore was a monster last year. As a freshman, Moore was the Paul Hornung Award recipient as the nation's most versatile player, breaking the single-season school record for all-purpose yards (2,215) and the school record for most all-purpose yards in a game (313). He tied the school record for most 100-yard receiving games (seven), and caught 11 or more passes in a game six times. He had 1,471 yards of total offense (113.2 per game) and 744 return yards last year with 14 total touchdowns. Of his nation-leading 114 catches last year, 51 went for first downs, and he led the nation with 907 yards after the catch (7.96 per catch).

TX_Krötenechse

ESPN's top-15 most exciting players this year: https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-football-most-exciting-players-no-tua-trevor

1. Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue: Maybe the most talented player Purdue has had since Drew Brees, Moore was a monster last year. As a freshman, Moore was the Paul Hornung Award recipient as the nation's most versatile player, breaking the single-season school record for all-purpose yards (2,215) and the school record for most all-purpose yards in a game (313). He tied the school record for most 100-yard receiving games (seven), and caught 11 or more passes in a game six times. He had 1,471 yards of total offense (113.2 per game) and 744 return yards last year with 14 total touchdowns. Of his nation-leading 114 catches last year, 51 went for first downs, and he led the nation with 907 yards after the catch (7.96 per catch).
Moore obviously is the real deal. But I’m not worried about him. TCU has a long track record of erasing top level WRs from games, and I expect Gladney to have a career game that gets him noticed by scouts.

Limey Frog

If we aren’t better than Purdue then we, as fans, have nothing to worry about for the rest of the season.

I'm sure this would have been the kind of thing that big schools said about coming to Fort Worth about ten years ago, except that they never came.

I don't think we should take Purdue lightly.

Wexahu

Moore obviously is the real deal. But I’m not worried about him. TCU has a long track record of erasing top level WRs from games, and I expect Gladney to have a career game that gets him noticed by scouts.

I'm not overly concerned with Moore, I'm more concerned with our offense being bad on the road against what seems like maybe a pretty good defense, but I doubt Gladney sees much of Moore. Moore is used almost like a RB/Slot WR, they will most likely move him around and try to make us work to locate him.

TCU will need to control this guy and their TEs. Kansas beat TCU last season because they had one really dynamic player that took control.

Purdue's coach is the real deal. This is going to be a tougher battle than you think.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I'm sure this would have been the kind of thing that big schools said about coming to Fort Worth about ten years ago, except that they never came.

I don't think we should take Purdue lightly.
I’m not taking Purdue lightly. My point is: if we can’t beat Purdue then we most likely don’t need to worry about winning the big 12 or making the playoff. Lose to Ohio State? Doesn’t mean season over. Lose to Purdue? It probably is.

Wexahu

I’m not taking Purdue lightly. My point is: if we can’t beat Purdue then we most likely don’t need to worry about winning the big 12 or making the playoff. Lose to Ohio State? Doesn’t mean season over. Lose to Purdue? It probably is.

Whether we beat Purdue or not, in my mind 8-4 is a hell of a lot better than 5-7 or 6-6. I just don't get the "season over" attitude if we happen to lose to Purdue or aren't necessarily in the running for a conference championship.

Clemson lost to a very average Syracuse team 2-3 years ago and ended up 12-1. We could lose to Purdue and end up 12-1 or 11-2. you never know.

Pharm Frog

Whether we beat Purdue or not, in my mind 8-4 is a hell of a lot better than 5-7 or 6-6. I just don't get the "season over" attitude if we happen to lose to Purdue or aren't necessarily in the running for a conference championship.

Clemson lost to a very average Syracuse team 2-3 years ago and ended up 12-1. We could lose to Purdue and end up 12-1 or 11-2. you never know.

This is what your beloved playoff system has done to college football. Lose 2 and TCU has no shot at CFP.

Lose 1 and it’s best that it be PU but would need help from PAC 12.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

I would love to be wrong.

I’m surprised you didn’t use the example of An Ohio State University losing to VaTech but winning the national championship.

Wexahu

I would love to be wrong.

I’m surprised you didn’t use the example of An Ohio State University losing to VaTech but winning the national championship.

Well, they lost at Purdue last year and ended up 12-1 and that ended up costing them, so you never know how everything will play out. I know no matter who you are, you can't schedule FCS, SMU and Purdue in OOC and lose two games and expect to make the playoffs. Doesn't matter if you're OSU, Bama, or Clemson. With that kind of schedule you're tempting fate with just one loss if making the CFP is the only goal you have.

I'd still much rather be 8-4 than 6-6. I think it makes a big difference.

Wexahu

This is what your beloved playoff system has done to college football. Lose 2 and TCU has no shot at CFP.

With an OOC schedule of Ark-Pine Bluff, SMU and Purdue, you are right. That goes for anyone in the country, not just TCU.

notyalc

I'm willing to bet that Reagor who is not on that list, isn't about to let Moore out shine him.

MAcFroggy

How is that different than the past? Lose two during the BCS era or poll era, and have no chance at the national championship.

Froggish

They lost everyone on that offense except Rondale Moore.

They have some pass catchers returning and their QB has a great arm. He’s a deep ball passer. He was the starter but was hurt in the first game last year and has 20 TD passes in his career at Purdue. They guy he beat out for the job last year had to take over when he got hurt. That guy is in an NFL camp right now. They are going to attack us down field and with the TE.

Wexahu

How about Western Carolina, New Mexico State and SoMiss or Florida Atlantic, Miami Oh and Cincinnati?

(Bama & An Ohio State Univ)

Bama and Ohio State won’t make the CFP with 2 losses either. That’s the point. What I was responding to was the post that said the CFP screwed everything up because now “TCU” can’t lose two games. Why single out TCU? Nobody makes it with 2 losses and probably won’t unless they play a hell of a lot better teams than FCS, SMU and Purdue in OOC.