• The KillerFrogs

Why TCU loses nearly every recruiting battle vs UT, OU, A$M, LSU, BAMA, GEORGIA, etc

Don Sanders

Lets get real here. Frogs just lost a very highly ranked Safety recruit Jerrin) to UT and is about to lose a WR recruit to UT also (Quinton). Both were thought to be leaning TCU at one time.
When up against UT and other big schools TCU very rarely wins. Even when discussing DEs whereby TCU just put 2 of them into the NFL. You will immediately scream “WHAT ABOUT SYLVESTER YOU DOPE”. You may be interested to know that Sylvester is seriously considering his options - I’ll leave it at that.

Why would a DE not come to TCU ? Why would a Safety not pick TCU ? Why would a OLINEMAN not be standing in line to get into TCU with all the recent OLINEMEN TCU has sent to the League ?

HERE IS THE ANSWER FOLKS :

1) when recruits visit UT, OU, LSU, A$M, etc and ten visit tiny little TCU the Frog program appears very small time in comparison. Small stadium, small campus, small student body. Everything at TCU screams “small time”. You can’t fool Mother Nature and you can’t fool recruits. TCU is small and everything about TCU is small. And it is OBVIOUS to recruits !! The difference is stunning to recruits who have already visited big time programs. Going 50/50 vs UT innfootball wins will never change that perception.

2) Patterson and Kelsey do a spectacular job recruiting, which allows TCU to get about 1 out of 50 highly ranked recruits. Without Gary and Kelsey TCU would totally whiff.

3) only a National Championship would change the recruiting landscape for TCU. A mere league title won’t do it. Kansas won a League title in football a while back and what good did that do ? Kansas St has won one before too. Doesn’t mean a thing. Kids just consider a League title to be a fluke if a small school wins it. National Championship is totally different though. League title would not change TCUs recruiting.

4) Heres the rub - you cannot hope to win a National Championship with a #45 recruiting class in the nation. Never gonna happen. The system is rigged in favor of the big blue blood schools and it’s obvious to recruits.

Please honestly tell me what chance P5 schools like Purdue, Wake, Duke, Tcu, Indiana, Northwestern, Illinois, BC, Rutgers, Wvu, Vandy, Ore St, etc have to win a National Championship when they can’t recruit even a Top 20
in the country recruit class. ANSWER -
ZERO CHANCE !!

Which is why every single year the title favorites are only the Top 10 recruiting class schools (BAMA, OSU, CLEM, OU, LSU, GEORGIA, PED ST, MICH, FLORIDA, AUBURN, USC, etc)

And now start looking for A$M to be in that blue blood discussion since thEIR SEC membership has skyrocketed their recruiting - which has also unfortunately pushed TCUs in state recruiting to an even worse level (though TCUs out of state recruiting has saved Frog recruiting from total disaster).

BOTTOM LINE:
TCU appears very small time to recruits when they compare to UT, BAMA, Ohio St, OU, LSU, A$M facilities. And it doesn’t matter how many players TCU puts into the NFL. And it Doesn’t matter if TCU gets lucky one year out of the past 30 yrs and happens to win one League title. Only 4 stars who come to TCU are kids who like small time things which is a tiny minority.

Would take a cataclysmic event (National Champ) to change that.

You also believe in the Easter Bunny if you think a #45 in the country recruit class = National Championship.

No team in past 20 yrs (maybe ONE exception) has won a NC without a Top 10 recruit class.

Just do not understand why people rag on TCU, claiming they are Small Time! It is what it is and posting lenghty dissertations about being a smaller school only makes it worse. Wash out rate for recruits that we lose is significant and I would rather have players who want to come to TCU! Just look at Kyle Porter, was considering TCU, but went to Texas and did nothing! Be happy, not negative!

Just do not understand why people rag on TCU, claiming they are Small Time! It is what it is and posting lenghty dissertations about being a smaller school only makes it worse. Wash out rate for recruits that we lose is significant and I would rather have players who want to come to TCU! Just look at Kyle Porter, was considering TCU, but went to Texas and did nothing! Be happy, not negative!

The guy is a troll. Most of his points are laughable.

Austintxfrog94

Lets get real here. Frogs just lost a very highly ranked Safety recruit Jerrin) to UT and is about to lose a WR recruit to UT also (Quinton). Both were thought to be leaning TCU at one time.
When up against UT and other big schools TCU very rarely wins. Even when discussing DEs whereby TCU just put 2 of them into the NFL. You will immediately scream “WHAT ABOUT SYLVESTER YOU DOPE”.
Why is
TgI9vUp.gif

listed below your screename?

Last edited:

yurintroubl

Late to this conversation, but I really wish In & Out Burger had bacon available. The bacon cheeseburger potential we are being deprived of there... SMH.

AroundWorldFrog

4th. down

OK, just for grins, looked at 2017 recruiting year for us on commitments including TCU as a Power 5 Offer. All offers are only Power 5 school offers:

Reagor - 20 Power 5 offers
Manning - 9
Wes Harris - 5
Robinson - 13
Bethley - 11
Dennis Collins - 4
Onyemaobi - 12
Van Zandt - 3
Snell - 5
Al'Dontre Davis - 14
Noah Daniels - 13
Wallow - 11
Ellis - 8
White - 2
Reed - 2
Epley - 5
McMillon - 3
Tu'ua - 2
Alex Bush - 1
Kerry Johnson - 1
Christian Williams - 2
Terrell Cooper - 1
Meeking 2

Manning gone, Robinson gone, Onyemaobi hurt, Snell gone, Epley gone, Bush gone, Christian Williams gone, Tu'ua gone, and Meeking gone.

I don't see how we win any games against a decent Power 5 team - I really don't.

Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

Mostly Northern Utah apparently in the Wasatch mountains with the ranch house in Darby, MT.

But if you want your own real Yellowstone ranch.....

https://www.livewaterproperties.com/properties/greater-yellowstone-ranch/

And they reference Paradise Valley during the show.

https://www.livewaterproperties.com/properties/paradise-valley-ranch/

Interesting show.
I think that Paradise Valley ranch is the one that Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan used to own when they were married.

Paradise Valley is pretty awesome - especially Emigrant peak. Although the Yellowstone River is not the greatest trout river since it doesn't have a tailwater and is really subject to the weather (rain in particular) in the Lamar River valley inside the Park.

Oddly I spend a lot of time up there in the winter fishing the spring creeks in the Valley and it can definitely be a little like "The Shining" after the holidays - even though it is considered the banana belt of Montana.

Brokaw has a really nice ranch in a small canyon between Paradise Valley and the Boulder River valley.

Last edited:

AroundWorldFrog

I’ve got a friend who retired to Cody and he loves it. I have plenty of friends who live in Rock Springs and they love it. Every visit I’ve made up there was great. I could live up there but I’m not so sure the other half could, unfortunately.
The Cody area is beautiful. Love the Shoshone River valley between Cody and Yellowstone. Hoping to get up to Cody and Red Lodge in the next month.

asleep003

So I am working on my brisket smoking game before the season begins.

Mesquite or oak?
Neither.... Hickory or a mix Hickory and Pecan. Nothing better....
Mesquite, if over used, can make the meat bitter. Oak is only good as a fuel and brings very very little flavoring benefit.Definitely, do not use mesquite with Pork/Chicken/etc. If all you have is the Mesquite and Oak for now for your Brisket … no more than 2 hrs of Mesquite wood smoke flavoring; then the rest with oak, oak/charcoal, or Charcoal as your fuel.... depending on what you're cooking with.