• The KillerFrogs

Martell at Miami U

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Darning Tathan
th

LisaLT

If I were the HC of a D1 program, not sure I’d want this kid on my team. Doesn’t appear to be a team player. Also must not be that good if he lost the starting job to a freshman.

It would seem fitting though if he were to transfer to ASU. Sumlin is well versed on QB transfers.

BABYFACE

This is why I am not a fan of a waiver being granted. It didn’t cost him anything the first time, so he will transfer again. Anytime a player transfers around in D1, it should always be to sit a year and lose a year of eligibility. It really needs to be a highly unusual case to grant a waiver.

Billy Clyde

"Member that time in high school the cameras followed you around all the time and watched you eat and sleep and poo? Yeah, that was soooooooo kewl, brah."

He kinda reminds me of Vanilla Ice... I think maybe he's to be pitied. A child, with a rare bit of talent which can't be taught, and close to zero in the way of leadership traits, discipline and maturity, which can absolutely be taught. His peeps really seem to have let him down.

ATC Frog

If I were the HC of a D1 program, not sure I’d want this kid on my team. Doesn’t appear to be a team player. Also must not be that good if he lost the starting job to a freshman.

It would seem fitting though if he were to transfer to ASU. Sumlin is well versed on QB transfers.

Isn’t Sumlin at Arizona and Herm Edwards at ASU?

Klaw

This is why I am not a fan of a waiver being granted. It didn’t cost him anything the first time, so he will transfer again. Anytime a player transfers around in D1, it should always be to sit a year and lose a year of eligibility. It really needs to be a highly unusual case to grant a waiver.

But it’s okay for coaches to move around with no repercussions?

I believe every player should get at least one free transfer but if you transfer twice, you have to sit out a year.

BABYFACE

I believe every player should get at least one free transfer but if you transfer twice, you have to sit out a year.
Apples to oranges imo. Coaches and student athletes are not one in the same. Even in pro FB, players are contracted to play for a particular team for that length of the contract.

With the transfer portal and waivers being granted for suspect reasons, it turns it into free agency. A NFL player’s contract that has run out is eligible to become a free agent. I look at an early graduate with eligibility left with the similar options. They can stay with their team or go elsewhere. One important aspect it is still CFB, not pro ball.

kidkarr

I don’t agree, but in your scenario, grades and attendance should play a factor. If you have been handling your business, I could maybe be ok with it.

Chongo94

Seeing some articles as to how this guy should be pitied or at the very least not piled on by society. Perhaps, but can’t help feeling an article about the cautionary tale of entitlement and braggadocio might be more beneficial.

Casey T

Seeing some articles as to how this guy should be pitied or at the very least not piled on by society. Perhaps, but can’t help feeling an article about the cautionary tale of entitlement and braggadocio might be more beneficial.

I saw that too and think they're coming from either Miami fans or people who don't know Tathan's backstory of being a massive Brilesbag

TCURiggs

He will end up at a place like Southern Miss and that’s the last we probably hear of him

That a shot at Tyler Matthews?

As an aside, I Googled to make sure that was the place he transferred, which it was. Then I found that he didn't win that starting job and transferred to New Mexico State after that, and apparently it looked like he was possibly set to win that job but didn't see eye-to-eye with the HC (according to two articles I found), so he left there. Sounds like that was the end of it.

Always pretty interesting to look back at some of the prospects that a lot of fans think are the next great one's. All of us have our misses on that.