• The KillerFrogs

Your Three Favorite TCU Games

Rabidfrog

I'm sure you're right on the score and the year.

I remember Chancellor Moody telling everyone at the pre-game BBQ in Daniel Meyer that the weather favoured TCU.

Snowed like there was no tomorrow.

Ut killed the Frogs. It was 1976 and I'm too lazy to look up the score.
u love to pick on po' ol' Moudy, not Moody.

robbroyy

Game at OU in 05 will always be tops for me. I went just to see the cool stadium and never expected to compete much less win. Adrian Peterson was held to 63 yards on 22 carries. That would be hard to do even with a Big 12 defense.

OU fans leaving the stadium with 2 mins to go was amazing.

robbroyy

Just watch the opening TCU drive...It was more creative play calling then anything we’ve run since joining the Big12..That includes 14. Can Mike Schultz please come back...
And the 08 game at Utah was the least creative game plan since 6 year olds started playing video game football. And for 24 hours got Gary to go to Manhattan. Thank goodness their donors couldn’t keep their mouth shut like he asked.

Leap Frog

I've been hoping to find the 1984 win (32-31, I think it was), or even highlights, on Youtube or elsewhere. No luck to date.

The 1984 game with Arky at Fayetteville was a thriller with Frogs winning at the end 32-31.
Gimpy Anthony Sciaraffa threw td to Dan Sharp (pretty sure it was Sharp) to cap a ferocious comeback.
Frogs had two-headed qb with Anthony Gulley running the ground game, while A.S. came in to pass.
Arky knew Sciaraffa could only pass because of a bad leg, but he took the team in for winner-- bad leg and all.
That TCU team was a good one-- winning 8 games and going to Bluebonnet Bowl (which they lost).

SwissArmyFrog

The only video I've seen of that game is on one of the Jim Wacker Show hilite clips on YT, showing Maness catching the 2-pt conversion.

Wonder if a ref threw a flag on the Hog who pulled Gulley's facemask around on the conversion? Would have meant an extra try if we hadn't made it the first time.

oldfrog71

1. 2011 Rose Bowl No Brainer
2. 2009 Utah. I have been a season ticket holder for 43 years and I have never heard Amon Carter as loud and as jacked up as it was that night.
3. 1967 Texas in Austin Bubba Thornton returns a punt for 78 yards and Kenny Post scores a touchdown with 1:01 left on the clock to beat Texas 24 - 17. We won't beat them again for another, I dunno, 150 years? I was in the stands that day as a TCU freshman. My wife was there too, but she had a date with someone else. It's a long story

Last edited:

Atomic Frawg

1. 2010 at Utah. Seemed like to whole city went quiet after we won. You could see the humility in their eyes. Sometimes all you can do is take what's coming.
2. Either the Rose Bowl/Peach Bowl. Each seemed to match the other - we got no love, the big conference team was supposed to handle us, and then the whistle blew.
3. The Hurricane Ike game. You just had to be there to understand. There was something weirdly special about that game, I mean other than it was played in a hurricane. There was just a crazy, tribal-like buzz in the air that gave everyone in the stadium a common bond. The harder it rained, the more we loved it. It was just weird....and we won.

MTfrog5

1. 2010 at Utah. Seemed like to whole city went quiet after we won. You could see the humility in their eyes. Sometimes all you can do is take what's coming.
2. Either the Rose Bowl/Peach Bowl. Each seemed to match the other - we got no love, the big conference team was supposed to handle us, and then the whistle blew.
3. The Hurricane Ike game. You just had to be there to understand. There was something weirdly special about that game, I mean other than it was played in a hurricane. There was just a crazy, tribal-like buzz in the air that gave everyone in the stadium a common bond. The harder it rained, the more we loved it. It was just weird....and we won.
That game against Stanford is probably the loudest I’ve ever heard 20k people. That was a young but talented Stanford team. Didn’t TCU move the game up to avoid the rain and if they left it when it was supposed to kick there wouldn’t have been any rain during the game?

Purp

That game against Stanford is probably the loudest I’ve ever heard 20k people. That was a young but talented Stanford team. Didn’t TCU move the game up to avoid the rain and if they left it when it was supposed to kick there wouldn’t have been any rain during the game?
I think that's right. We had a church golf scramble that morning and thought we would get it in before the rain with a 7am shotgun start. Then the deluge hit about half way through. We played 3 holes in Hurricane Ike and decided it wasn't playable weather when you lose sight of your golf ball within 10 yards of hitting it. Oh, and even if you striped one down the middle you wouldn't find it under the 6 inches of standing water in the fairways. I think it was technically a tropical storm at that point, but it was still windy as hell with Forest Gump type rain coming up from the ground. It was unreal.

So I went home and hung out a bit before going to the game. Was there for the whole thing. It sucked, but I enjoyed the hell out of it.

pastorfrog

Top three regular season games

Utah 2009
Baylor 2015
Kansas St 2014

Honorable Mention

2006 Tech Speed Baby
2014 Texas
2003 beat down of Louisville

Top three post season games

Rose Bowl 2011
Alamo Bowl 2016
2008 Boise

Honorable Mention

2003 Liberty Bowl CSU
2017 Alamo Stanford
2005 EV1.Net Iowa State

Purp

Top three regular season games

Utah 2009
Baylor 2015
Kansas St 2014

Honorable Mention

2006 Tech Speed Baby
2014 Texas
2003 beat down of Louisville

Top three post season games

Rose Bowl 2011
Alamo Bowl 2016
2008 Boise

Honorable Mention

2003 Liberty Bowl CSU
2017 Alamo Stanford
2005 EV1.Net Iowa State
No Peach Bowl? Are you mad man? I enjoyed the hell out of that CSU Liberty Bowl game. Cold and wet, but whiskey in the stadium and suffocating defense made it worth it. Pretty sure their scoring drive went for -11 yards or something like that. IIRC they recovered a muffed punt inside our 10 and kicked a FG from the 20 or so. That defensive performance was all the more impressive b/c they came in with one of the top runners in the nation.