• The KillerFrogs

ADJD’s BIG and NEW Game Day Announcements!

MTfrog5

“Was fantastic”: words never uttered about Collie Station without mega alcohol consumption.
They lost so it was fantastic. Was actually the day we almost lost to Kansas in 2014. Was in a TCU sweater so I was consuming a good amount of alcohol during our close game.

Frog-in-law1995

Went to A&M game with buddy that was in graduate school. Got there at 645am for a 7pm kickoff. Was fantastic

Did this once in the early 90s (Ags never seemed to have night games when I was there). Was a blast. Tried it again for the 2009 Utah/CGD game and was far less successful. Naps were required.

WhatTheFrog

I think that is a very fair point. I definitely don't think they will ax the in/out policy last minute. My belief is that they will roll out beer sales and keep everything else the same. That being said, I am starting to agree that if they decide to do beer sales then they probably won't wait until the last minute to announce. As an earlier poster said, they need time to put it on all of the concession signs etc. Somebody will find out walking the stadium a few weeks before kickoff whether it is happening or not.
Just so everyone knows, I'm eating crow again. I go with logic and it bites me RIGHT in the azz. The last huge example of this is when I said that there was NO way that Les Miles would coach at Kansas.

Take this as an example. Any time I make a lucid argument that something will/will not happen, go with the opposite. I will continue to not second guess myself in order to give you all ample opportunity to be right. That is all.

Crow tastes like skinny pidgeon, btw. Both taste like absolute crap. Reminds me of the time that I ate a flying rat that one time...nevermind.

netty2424

Wonder how much the east side delay played a role in this decision to open beer up to everyone. Seems like there were a lot of people who were prepared to drink in their seats in their east side suites and paid a lot of money to do so.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Wonder how much the east side delay played a role in this decision to open beer up to everyone. Seems like there were a lot of people who were prepared to drink in their seats in their east side suites and paid a lot of money to do so.
They are getting access to hospitality suites anyway.

HFrog12

Just so everyone knows, I'm eating crow again. I go with logic and it bites me RIGHT in the azz. The last huge example of this is when I said that there was NO way that Les Miles would coach at Kansas.

Take this as an example. Any time I make a lucid argument that something will/will not happen, go with the opposite. I will continue to not second guess myself in order to give you all ample opportunity to be right. That is all.

Crow tastes like skinny pidgeon, btw. Both taste like absolute crap. Reminds me of the time that I ate a flying rat that one time...nevermind.

Yep I was wrong in thinking they wouldn’t do both. I am glad they made the decision that they did. I think no I’m/out will keep a bunch of people in their seats for the start of the 3rd quarter.

Frog-in-law1995

I think you were right and they just didn’t think about it.

ATC Frog

I believe another one of his announcements will be to extend pregame tailgating for longer periods to help with the no in/out backlash from some. I bet GP loves the no in/out

I’m also a big fan of the no in/out policy. Keeps more people from lingering at their halftime tailgates and missing parts/most/all of the 2nd half.

netty2424

I’m also a big fan of the no in/out policy. Keeps more people from lingering at their halftime tailgates and missing parts/most/all of the 2nd half.
I think overall it’ll keep more people in the games, but I think it will be a small percentage. Almost unnoticeable is my guess.

I still think the people who leave for a beer or tailgating rarely come back, and will leave regardless. There will be plenty who justify leaving to drink dollar beers outside vs $7.00 beers inside.

Purp

I’ll brag a second and say I’ve had season tickets now for 15 years, and never accepted a single dollar for unused tickets (or knowingly given them to an opposing fan). This program makes it that much easier.
Unless the veteran is a fan of our opponent. I know a lot of veterans with awful sports fan tastes.

As a veteran, I think this is an awesome program, though. There are tons of "unaffiliated" veterans who would be bigger college football fans if they had a team to get behind. This could be a really great way to boost the t-shirt fan base given the volume of reserve units in the area and proximity to Fort Hood and Fort Sill. The chAir Force also has bases near enough for airmen to come to games on weekend passes.

Casey T

Unless the veteran is a fan of our opponent. I know a lot of veterans with awful sports fan tastes.

As a veteran, I think this is an awesome program, though. There are tons of "unaffiliated" veterans who would be bigger college football fans if they had a team to get behind. This could be a really great way to boost the t-shirt fan base given the volume of reserve units in the area and proximity to Fort Hood and Fort Sill. The chAir Force also has bases near enough for airmen to come to games on weekend passes.

You're spot on, I'm sure there are tons of vets in DFW who will start using these tickets and join the Frog fan ranks. Great idea, need to get the word out to all of them

Purp

You're spot on, I'm sure there are tons of vets in DFW who will start using these tickets and join the Frog fan ranks. Great idea, need to get the word out to all of them
My guess is the VetTix program will utilize resources on Army posts and Navy/AF bases in the area to distribute these. USO and MWR are the first two places I'd go at each military installation nearby to get these tix out. I'm sure they know other/better places as well.

Most will likely go to lower enlisted Soldiers/Sailors/Airmen, but plenty will also find their way to NCOs and a few to officers. Very few of these folks went to D1/P5 schools where they already possess a strong allegiance to a particular school. Service people come from all over the place and may already be big fans of their state school near their home of record, but I found most of my Soldiers to not have a rooting interest on Saturdays. They just watched b/c it was football and they rooted based on their platoon/company pick em selections.

Dr. Coach Haus

I think overall it’ll keep more people in the games, but I think it will be a small percentage. Almost unnoticeable is my guess.

I still think the people who leave for a beer or tailgating rarely come back, and will leave regardless. There will be plenty who justify leaving to drink dollar beers outside vs $7.00 beers inside.
I am one of those. Never miss a minute. In and out will be missed. Those that want to leave will leave. I guess I'm stuck inside and won't miss a minute just miss my halftime beer. $7 adds up, especially for a big guy like me.