• The KillerFrogs

ADJD’s BIG and NEW Game Day Announcements!

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
All one color (other that white on white uniforns) is a very high school look. When Baylor wears all green they look like cucumbers running around.

I seem to recall Windegger coming out with all purple double knits in the 70s. I think they wore them once. We looked like ‘the fighting grape popsicles’.

Frog-in-law1995

Can you imagine the memes and gifs that will come in response to the very last announcement when they say they are serving beer.

giphy-downsized.gif

p>

stone-cold-steve-austin-double-beer-smash-chug-beer-gifs.gif

MCFROG III

Dr. Earl Waldrop was the first to wear a full purple suit back in the late '60's. He was one of the Vice Chancellors in the Sadler administration who remained into the next after Sadler retired in the '70's, I believe. He may have been in charge of fund raising, or PR of some sort. That purple suit (one of several) was so much a part of his personal, he was buried in one decades later into his 90's. He was definitely a character!

GenXFrog

They will never sell beer stadium wide because that would mean no re-entry and they are too scared to do that

I guess we will see how important getting and keeping butts in seats really is.

Or, how important the additional revenue is...

I'll have a beer. Or two. At the tailgate. In the stands. Or both. ADJD's choice.

TCUdirtbag

From what I understand it’s going to happen. I don’t remember if it’s this season or next.

I’ve been out of the loop lately, but the piece of signage SnoSki posted was supposedly shot down as something just being moved over from Lipton.

I have no clue if that’s true. But if they’re going to start selling beer, there will be some things making it physically, readily apparent as we get closer. And honestly I’d be surprised if they roll it out at the last minute as there are all sorts of things to sort out — signage to print and hang, additional security contractors, changes to the catering agreement with Sodexo, insurance to acquire, ticket holders to update etc. I just think we’d know by now. And I really would be surprised if they popped in a no re-entry policy after renewals and parking sales.

Who knows - this year, next year, or the next. It’s always just been a matter of time.