• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

Ron Swanson

In the grand scheme of things that really isn’t a lot of money, if football recruiting is as important as people think it is. We just spent $100M on the east side stadium expansion. Is that better money spent than putting it all toward football recruiting and having the largest recruiting budget in the country paid for for the next 15-20 years?

Before someone chimes in, I know that’s not realistic. Just pointing out that these budgets are almost surprisingly small to me given the kind of money thrown around on other things, coaches salaries for one.
It’s because they aren’t including the payments going directly to the players themselves.

Eight

I believe they are sponsored by the helmet manufacturers

that is a great deal of money to give away for a limited market.

video with the equipment managers a few years back mentioned each player has 5-6, helmets.

price given was roughly 500 to over 1,000.

Froggish

that is a great deal of money to give away for a limited market.

video with the equipment managers a few years back mentioned each player has 5-6, helmets.

price given was roughly 500 to over 1,000.

It appears I’m wrong..See the ESPN article Hoosier posted

netty2424

It’s because they aren’t including the payments going directly to the players themselves.
giphy.gif

CryptoMiner

Dandy Dozen: Madison Central's Jimmy Holiday is more than just an athlete playing quarterback

https://www.clarionledger.com/story...y-qb-madison-central-misssissippi/1782374001/

Jimmy Holiday has spent the last two seasons as one of the offensive stars at Madison Central. The quarterback has led them to two straight 6A North State championship games and become known for his dual-threat ability.

Last season, he threw for 1,518 yards and 16 touchdowns and led his team in rushing with 1,457 yards and 18 touchdowns. He also earned a Clarion Ledger All-state nod and was named the Offensive MVP of Region 2-6A, which is one of the toughest in the state.

Those statistics and honors were enough to earn him a spot on this year’s Dandy Dozen.

Even with all his success, some question whether Holiday can excel at the collegiate level as a quarterback. Many analysts and football pundits in Mississippi view him as simply an athlete playing quarterback.

“My speed gives me the ability to do things other quarterbacks aren’t capable of doing,” Holiday said. “I’m a quarterback who’s a great athlete no different than Patrick Mahomes or Lamar Jackson.

"I thank God my parents taught me to always know who I am. The game is changing and I'm a game-changer."

Froggish

Dandy Dozen: Madison Central's Jimmy Holiday is more than just an athlete playing quarterback

https://www.clarionledger.com/story...y-qb-madison-central-misssissippi/1782374001/

Jimmy Holiday has spent the last two seasons as one of the offensive stars at Madison Central. The quarterback has led them to two straight 6A North State championship games and become known for his dual-threat ability.

Last season, he threw for 1,518 yards and 16 touchdowns and led his team in rushing with 1,457 yards and 18 touchdowns. He also earned a Clarion Ledger All-state nod and was named the Offensive MVP of Region 2-6A, which is one of the toughest in the state.

Those statistics and honors were enough to earn him a spot on this year’s Dandy Dozen.

Even with all his success, some question whether Holiday can excel at the collegiate level as a quarterback. Many analysts and football pundits in Mississippi view him as simply an athlete playing quarterback.

“My speed gives me the ability to do things other quarterbacks aren’t capable of doing,” Holiday said. “I’m a quarterback who’s a great athlete no different than Patrick Mahomes or Lamar Jackson.

"I thank God my parents taught me to always know who I am. The game is changing and I'm a game-changer."

YAHHH!!!! I love this kid on film..He has a Reagor like burst..Huge get!!!

CryptoMiner

Free from Rivals:

https://tcu.rivals.com/news/mississippi-ath-jimmy-holiday-commits-to-tcu

TCU offered Jimmy Holiday
in the spring, he took one visit, and he is ready to call himself a Horned Frog.

The versatile athlete out of Flora (Miss.) Madison Central committed to Gary Patterson's program over the likes of Kansas, Nebraska, Ole Miss and Tennessee.

"TCU is the school I committed to because the coaching staff is great and the school fits me academically," said Holiday. "I told the coaches about my decision a couple days ago and they were excited to hear my news. They are fired up about me coming to Fort Worth."

The official visit to TCU played a big role in his decision. Being around the coaches, learning about the academics and just getting a feel for the environment played into this commitment.

"I had a great time on a visit, the I made decision when I sat down and talked to my parents about it.

"The vibe I caught up there was a home feeling. Coach Patterson treats his players like they are his own kids. He’s truly a great guy all around."

Holiday stars at quarterback for his team, and it looks like that is where he will get his first shot playing at TCU, but his versatility is an added bonus.

"They plan to use me as a quarterback or wherever I can get on the field at my first year," said Holiday.

His commitment is strong at this time, but Holiday is planning to still visit other schools.

Eight

holiday and gray would provide to tcu two very explosive receivers.

the average recruit rating on this class is the 3rd highest in the big 12.

MinFrog

No disrespect to dez white, but this is a step up from taking a flier on a guy like dez white.

6’0” with speed to spare is a great pickup. Kid could end up at a lot of places on the field.

asleep003

No disrespect to dez white, but this is a step up from taking a flier on a guy like dez white. .

You mean the 5A All State QB who also won a state championship … and played a big roll in our Top 10 finish and Alamo bowl win with a huge return.... that Dez White.?.

MTfrog5

You mean the 5A All State QB who also won a state championship … and played a big roll in our Top 10 finish and Alamo bowl win with a huge return.... that Dez White.?.
Big role in the Alamo Bowl. Him playing a big role for a top ten finish is a little stretch imo. Point being made is Dez is 5’6 and ran around the same as a 6’0 WR