• The KillerFrogs

TWITTER: Let's Talk About the Carter

H0RNEDFR0G

Fun fact, did you know the Frogs were undefeated at Amon G. Carter Stadium under HCGMFP in: 2002, 2003*, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014, 2015, & 2017?

*In 2003 the Frogs were undefeated during the regular season at home, but lost to Boise State at the Carter in the Fort Worth Bowl.

The Frogs were also undefeated at the Carter in: '31, '32, '33, '36, '37, '38, '44, '58, '59, '65, '71, & 2000. There were some dark days for the Frog faithful in the 70's, 80's, & 90's.

tcumaniac

Let’s talk about The Carter...

It’s where fans show up late and leave early.

It’s where luxury takes priority over home field advantage.

It’s where you get to meet new faces every week thanks to the hoards of stubhub sales that TCU incentivizes with priority points.

It’s where our lower section behind the team bench is always the most empty and least enthusiastic section in the stadium.

MTfrog5

It’s where you get to meet new faces every week thanks to the hoards of stubhub sales that TCU incentivizes with priority points.

It’s where our lower section behind the team bench is always the most empty and least enthusiastic section in the stadium.
Nothing is going to change so you might as well just give it a rest. Maybe you can be AD one day and try to fix it. Also stop acting like this is a TCU only problem. Go look how many tickets are for sale for Texas LSU

zfrawg

what a freaking beating. give it a rest.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
F025B738-3CAF-469D-93A5-43F9153786B7.gif

4FC77DC8-C528-416A-A9CD-7C13972E6A61.gif

WhatTheFrog

Crap, here we go again.

Thanks for reminding me of why I sometimes hate to peruse this forum (or do it just to see what you and those like you might say). You always deliver!

Why don't you shut the eff up, attend the games (get there early and stay late), and stop worrying about the millionaires that help fund all of our enjoyment? Now THAT would be a refreshing perspective, wouldn't it?

I used to be like you. I hated the fact that the lower west bowl was either empty or filled with opposing fans. I'd sit there, given the opportunity, but that opportunity hasn't presented itself and I can't afford it. I've gotten good with myself as of late. I do what I can do and don't hate myself for it. I still have a good time, even though I'm on the east side. I'm there all game long since last season. No running out to the tailgate for me anymore.

An empty or opposing-fanned lower west bowl sucks. I grant you that. The seats are paid. They funded the renovation of our beloved new stadium. Do I wish that the seats were sold to Frog fans? Of course! Do such people really give a darn who uses seats that they aren't going to fill? I highly doubt it. I could only hope to be in the position that I had so much money rolling in that I didn't care who sat in what seats for some dang college football game.

The games are important to us, the college football fans. Those that funded the renovations of the stadium have more important things to worry about, I would assume.

That's just me, though. Maybe I haven't loved my Frogs as much as you do.

HFrog12

Good grief. Thanks for ruining a pretty great video.

jake102

The only thing that continually upsets me, and is ironically literally set in place, is the spacing on the lowest west side seats. I've gotten to sit there a couple times and it's absurd how wide the aisles are... it's not even that enjoyable as a spectator, your drink is like five feet in front of you.

tcumaniac

Nothing is going to change so you might as well just give it a rest. Maybe you can be AD one day and try to fix it. Also stop acting like this is a TCU only problem. Go look how many tickets are for sale for Texas LSU
My post was primarily tongue in cheek just to get a rise out of some people, but I strongly disagree with your premise of blame deflecting and claiming that TCU's problems are simply the result of an uncontrollable, widespread problem across the country.

Sure. Ticket sales and attendance are down across the board, but there are some issues that are very specific to us that TCU refuses to address. And then they go make a promo video pretending like we have this epic home field advantage when everyone knows that we don't.

But I digress. If TCU stopped giving priority points to tickets that are purchased for the sole purpose of being resold, and better yet, if TCU took away the tickets from fans that only resell them (other schools across the country have started to do this), our best seats would be in the hands of real TCU fans that actually sat in our stadium's best seats vs the current situation where a lot of our best seats (especially on the east side) are controlled by people that list them for sale on stubhub every week.

Tickets would still be resold online, especially for high profile games when some fans are willing to watch from home in exchange for the money they can make on a particular game, but these would be one off occurrences vs certain tickets be listed for sale every single game.

Overall, fans would come to more games because they would have better seats and have more enjoyable game watching experiences as they are surrounded by fellow frogs vs opposing fans every game. As a result, our game day atmosphere would improve, our home field advantage would improve, we'd arguably win more games, get better recruits, etc etc. Call it the trickle down effect of an intelligent season ticket policy.

But alas. TCU is too worried about the temporary hit on total season ticket sales to address this. At least that's been the case so far. I keep being told by the ticket office that ADJD is working to change things... guess we will see.

Last edited:

HFrog12

The only thing that continually upsets me, and is ironically literally set in place, is the spacing on the lowest west side seats. I've gotten to sit there a couple times and it's absurd how wide the aisles are... it's not even that enjoyable as a spectator, your drink is like five feet in front of you.

I can fully appreciate this. I get very bored at Maniac's constant bitching about the Carter bc nothing said on KFC is going to fix the problems. That being said, the massive fairways in between the WSLB seats makes no sense. Only reasoning I can see is so the waitress staff can maneuver easier. Otherwise, to your point, it almost becomes an inconvenience with your drink so far away. I would love to meet the fan that is opposed to reducing this ridiculous leg room so more rows and fans could be added.

Zubaz

When these posts start, the season is so close I can taste it!

BABYFACE

The concrete rows needs to be demo and re-poured. They goofed on the west side lower bowl when it was reconfigured for seating. I bet they realized at some point and it was too late to correct it during the original remodel.

They can redo that lower bowl in the off season. Probably have to be at least after the 2020 or 2021 season.

tcumaniac

According to Del Conte, it was originally left that wide based on two claims: The geometry and angle of the sloping for that lower level wouldn't effectively allow tighter rows that could fit chair back seats (always sounded like complete BS to me), and that the original plan was to install tables in the wide rows, but that those plans were nixed late in the game.

But you are exactly right. The spacing of that section is atrocious. Very awkward and wasteful. Should be able to fit almost twice as many seats in that section.

netty2424

My post was primarily tongue in cheek just to get a rise out of some people, but I strongly disagree with your premise of blame deflecting and claiming that TCU's problems are simply the result of an uncontrollable, widespread problem across the country.

Sure. Ticket sales and attendance are down across the board, but there are some issues that are very specific to us that TCU refuses to address. And then they go make a promo video pretending like we have this epic home field advantage when everyone knows that we don't.

But I digress. If TCU stopped giving priority points to tickets that are purchased for sole purpose of being resold, and better yet, if TCU took away the tickets from fans that only resell them (other schools across the country have started to do this), our best seats would be in the hands of real TCU fans that actually sat in our stadium's best seats vs the current situation where a lot of our best seats (especially on the east side) are controlled by people that list them for sale on stubhub every week.

Tickets would still be resold online, especially for high profile games when some fans are willing to watch from home in exchange for the money they can make on a particular game, but these would be one off occurrences vs certain tickets be listed for sale every single game.

Overall, fans would come to more games because they would have better seats and have more enjoyable game watching experiences as they are surrounded by fellow frogs vs opposing fans every game. As a result, our game day atmosphere would improve, our home field advantage would improve, we'd arguably win more games, get better recruits, etc etc. Call it the trickle down effect of an intelligent season ticket policy.

But alas. TCU is too worried about the temporary hit on total season ticket sales to address this. At least that's been the case so far. I keep being told by the ticket office that ADJD is working to change things... guess we will see.
It would be impossible to change/fix this issue(s) in one off season. The backlash would be too great.

That said, it’s been noted on here multiple times that people are starting to get emails from the frog club about their tickets being unused.

I don’t know if the same are going out for perpetual stubhub seats as I’ve never sold a TCU game ticket, ever, stubhub or otherwise.

Point being, it’s going to be a slow methodical process that sounds like is now in motion.

I agree with you on this maniac so keep doing you. If people don’t talk about it, no one hears it, fan forum or not.

HFrog1999

giphy.gif