• The KillerFrogs

You are the LRWHCGMFP...

Atomic Frawg

For the first time in a long while you actually have depth at the QB position, but you being you, they are all paper tigers. You think you have a shot at having a special defense again this season, but you know you are at your best when the offense either dominates TOP or puts up a bunch of points fast. You also have a more talented backfield than you've had recently. Your history shows that you aren't opposed to a "bus driver" type of QB. So, regardless of whichever QB starts, how much leeway do you give him before making a change? What key characteristic are you looking for in the QB this season to keep him in the game? What type mistake do you learn to deal with to keep a QB in the game? Do you "hide" the QB by primarily relying on your run game, or do you air it out?

Take a look at the schedule. First game is a gimme. Second game you're on national TV at night. Third game has you back at home against a crosstown rival headed into conference play. What do you want to see in each game?

Earn your money...go.

ShreveFrog

Delton is no paper tiger. We know what we have there. To be Big12 champs, you have to beat OU. That means scoring points. I personally would not group any of our top 4 qb candidates as bus drivers, but not sure who or what the OP's definition is. Best dual threat man wins. Get the ball to Jalen Reagor. We can not waste that talent.

Last edited:

Froggish

I think I take the opposite approach to last year..I start out the season conservative. I lean on my OL and Dynamic duo at RB. Limit the passing game to high % passes much like the last 6 games last year. As I establish a QB I slowly open up the passing game and unleash Reagor/Barber on the Big12...I think I can get to 4-0 going to ISU just learning to grind and out execute opponents. That ISU game is where we are going to need to have a downfield passing game to win..

Truly hope this year we rediscover that we are allowed to actually run crossing routs. I don’t believe there is a single CB in CFB that can run with Reagor dragging across the middle of the field

HFrog1999

giphy.gif

ThisIsOurTime

I am not sure where all the QBs are in terms of ready to play. But I would expect that we would see a platooning of QBs and how they do will dictate greater snaps in the future. I think it is reasonable to assume that Delton and another QB will be getting snaps for sure. But we have some unknowns.

1. Will Rogers and Collins be ready to go or will they still be recovering?
2. Will Duggan be ready to roll or will he need to be brought along slowly?
3. How will Delton perform as a QB when not in running situations?

Limey Frog

Easy: the game plan is exactly what it was in 2017.

This season will be defined by injuries and turnovers. Win the turnover battle and stay healthy and we'll win 10+ games (though I guess that's probably true of many teams on any given year, so not really rocket science to point the fact out).

McFroggin

Easy: the game plan is exactly what it was in 2017.

This season will be defined by injuries and turnovers. Win the turnover battle and stay healthy and we'll win 10+ games (though I guess that's probably true of many teams on any given year, so not really rocket science to point the fact out).

Assuming the goal is strictly game management and minimizing TO’s, Collins is the guy.