• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

talor

It was a decent remake, not the shot for shot type of movie like The Lion King, the new musical numbers didn't even come close to matching the tone of the originals, and the actor depicting Jafar (like the one voicing Scar in this remake) lacks the presence that role calls for, but if you're looking for a decent popcorn movie to kill time it's worth a red box rental.
Chiwetel Ejiofor is a good actor, but no Scar will get close to the weirdly creepy/gay gravelly evilness of Jeremy Iron's Scar from the 1994 Lion King

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Does Disney control Star Wars, I forget...the most recent one was so bad. But it definitely had Mary Sue issues with the main star. 1 week of practice and suddenly she’s an amazing Jedi Knight? I refuse to see this next one because the last one was so bad.

And I’m not a Star Wars junkie or anything, that was just a horrible movie with bad plot lines and bad writing.

The last Jedi did suck but the hope is with JJ Abrams back as director this next film will return to at least as good as the force awakens.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Chiwetel Ejiofor is a good actor, but no Scar will get close to the weirdly creepy/gay gravelly evilness of Jeremy Iron's Scar from the 1994 Lion King
Absolutely. In fact the point in the film that this was most apparent was the pivotal scene where Scar has Mufasa pinned at the top of the cliff and deliver's the line "Long, live, the King." Irons' delivery of that line was perfect, low, gravelly, and drawn out for emphasis. Ejiofor just sort of says it almost in passing, not really emphasizing any syllables, which makes for an almost monotone delivery that falls as flat as Mufasa.

Chongo94

Absolutely. In fact the point in the film that this was most apparent was the pivotal scene where Scar has Mufasa pinned at the top of the cliff and deliver's the line "Long, live, the King." Irons' delivery of that line was perfect, low, gravelly, and drawn out for emphasis. Ejiofor just sort of says it almost in passing, not really emphasizing any syllables, which makes for an almost monotone delivery that falls as flat as Mufasa.

I may avoid this then. I didn’t want Disney messing with Lion King with this new live action junk. It would be one thing if they used the original voices but new voices and a wonder as to how they’ll show emotion on the character’s faces makes me think I will dislike this and should stay away so that it does not color and poison my good memories of the original.

Ron Swanson

I may avoid this then. I didn’t want Disney messing with Lion King with this new live action junk. It would be one thing if they used the original voices but new voices and a wonder as to how they’ll show emotion on the character’s faces makes me think I will dislike this and should stay away so that it does not color and poison my good memories of the original.
Cracks me up how seriously y’all take The Lion King

SnoSki

Been meaning to catch this one sometime

513h8smefy3z.jpg

MTfrog5

Just went and saw it and agree that it is pretty much scene by scene from the original. They did a good job with this one.

Chongo94

Recorded this last night and caught up to it this afternoon. Pretty dang good. Think basically an Irish Rambo out for revenge in the late 1840’s. The scenery makes you almost feel the potato famine.

Black 47. Airing on Showtime.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The last Jedi did suck but the hope is with JJ Abrams back as director this next film will return to at least as good as the force awakens.
JJ Abrams couldn't direct traffic. He was responsible for the "storyline" (such as it is) for the Disneyfied Soy Wars, and will make a hash of whatever remains of the franchise after Rian Whoever annihilated it with the last cinematic abortion.
Mary Sue saves the Galaxy.

Barf.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
JJ Abrams couldn't direct traffic. He was responsible for the "storyline" (such as it is) for the Disneyfied Soy Wars, and will make a hash of whatever remains of the franchise after Rian Whoever annihilated it with the last cinematic abortion.
Mary Sue saves the Galaxy.

Barf.
Getting enough fiber these days?