• The KillerFrogs

Learning to play the hand life deals you

Hemingway

Steel finds it super frustrating to read the same people who say that God's will is unknown and unknowable (which, for anyone who studied how the Bible came to be, is undeniable), to on the other hand write a dissertation about what they know God's will to be.

As if they know anything about it, which they do not. No living human knows anything about a higher power, period. At best it is informed speculation based on the previous informed speculation of the know-nothings who came before them.

The main thing is, don't be a butthole. Which most of you on here don't seem capable of, at least on this forum. Opintel being a notable exception. You really think Wes or anybody is interested in you all's ignorant debates about God, which you know nothing about?

Wes has been updating all you all about his condition etc, and there's hardly a line forming to go to Georgetown and see him and raise his spirits. Plenty of you live a short drive from him, no more than 3 hours. But very few of you actually do anything to improve things. Just be dumbarses on here implying that his cancer is as a result of something he did to upset God's perfect plan. Some of you people are smoking something. Must be some good ganga.

I’ve been pretty steady that there is no plan. Then, I get all this business about the devil and how evil entered earth etc. which no one from Brite took up the question btw.

Anyway, I’m out of state or I’d happily go. Maybe someone could organize a bus to Georgetown to see Wes. Would you like to organize one?

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I’ve been pretty steady that there is no plan. Then, I get all this business about the devil and how evil entered earth etc. which no one from Brite took up the question btw.

Anyway, I’m out of state or I’d happily go. Maybe someone could organize a bus to Georgetown to see Wes. Would you like to organize one?
Apply err welcome and I’d love to see you

HToady

I don’t know and never will.honestly I don’t buy into the notion of God’s plan because I cannot see a loving god bringing pain suffering and misery to eople for no apparent
My reason. When my son died, I had a lot of people who would pay me on the back and say” it’s just part of God’s plan””. Over time I came to realize they just didn’t know what to say or how to rationalize itontheirminds, so they said what made them feel better but it didn’t do the job for me.

Maybe there is a plan, I don’t know
I'm with you on this. I know there are times when it seems that maybe God intervened, but too many tragedies have occurred that just don't allow me to think it was all part of God's Plan. I'm still trying to figure out the wisdom in the killing of 6 million Jews. But closer to home my faith wained with Sandy Hook. I can't even conceive how afraid those poor children were. Why could't God's plan have been "Some mentally deranged teenager carrying a bunch of weapons was hit by a Mack Truck on the way to somewhere!" But many people say that was the time to pray, Well my prayer would have been, "Dear God, where the hell were you?"

BABYFACE

I have no idea what is setting you off. I think it’s pretty fair to question wth is going on after you watch some of these kids and people go through horribleness. I was hoping some our Brite alums would answer me here. We’ll see if one does.

Some people getting these blessings and none for these children?

I watched a movie on Netflix a few months ago called “Interview with God.” The reporter asks God why bad things happen to good people. I thought the explanation was a good as any I have heard. It is along the lines what purp said. Give the movie a watch, it is worthwhile.

Dr. Coach Haus

I don’t know and never will.honestly I don’t buy into the notion of God’s plan because I cannot see a loving god bringing pain suffering and misery to eople for no apparent
My reason. When my son died, I had a lot of people who would pay me on the back and say” it’s just part of God’s plan””. Over time I came to realize they just didn’t know what to say or how to rationalize itontheirminds, so they said what made them feel better but it didn’t do the job for me.

Maybe there is a plan, I don’t know

Wes,

I feel we have free will to choose as we wish. The circumstance of nature is what occurred with you for cancer, my belief plain and simple.

God is there to listen, provide comfort when none seems available and will always be there for you. God's plan is for you to live the best life you can as provided by the example of Christ, regardless of circumstance.

Although we have not personally met, I have followed many of your posts and I am praying for you. I hope you find some comfort with this outlook.

God Bless.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Wes,

I feel we have free will to choose as we wish. The circumstance of nature is what occurred with you for cancer, my belief plain and simple.

God is there to listen, provide comfort when none seems available and will always be there for you. God's plan is for you to live the best life you can as provided by the example of Christ, regardless of circumstance.

Although we have not personally met, I have followed many of your posts and I am praying for you. I hope you find some comfort with this outlook.

God Bless.
Thank you. I choose to believe your explantionof hisplan because it makes refilling sense than others given to me.

Thanks again

Raw Frog

Wes,
Our God is Holy, righteous and pure. He will not tolerate even a speck of sin in His presence. He made us in His own image, unlike the angels. He made us to have a relationship with Him and to enjoy being with each other.

Man's direct disobedience and sin broke the relationship, and leaves us separated from Him when we enter this temporary and broken world. The wages of sin is death. It is appointed for all of us to die once, then comes judgment. Our life in this fallen world is described as like a vapor.

God could have scrapped the lot of mankind, but He chose not to, because He loved us. Instead, He provided a way to overcome the death sentence we all are due.

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through Me." John 14:6

Jesus claimed to be God, and to be able to forgive sins and give eternal life.
He claimed He was the only way to God and is our only hope of glory.
The most important question that anyone will have to answer in this life is "who do you say that Jesus is?". The answer will dictate your eternity.
Wes, please read the book of John and ask God to help you answer this question.
I will be praying for you my friend.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Wes,
Our God is Holy, righteous and pure. He will not tolerate even a speck of sin in His presence. He made us in His own image, unlike the angels. He made us to have a relationship with Him and to enjoy being with each other.

Man's direct disobedience and sin broke the relationship, and leaves us separated from Him when we enter this temporary and broken world. The wages of sin is death. It is appointed for all of us to die once, then comes judgment. Our life in this fallen world is described as like a vapor.

God could have scrapped the lot of mankind, but He chose not to, because He loved us. Instead, He provided a way to overcome the death sentence we all are due.

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through Me." John 14:6

Jesus claimed to be God, and to be able to forgive sins and give eternal life.
He claimed He was the only way to God and is our only hope of glory.
The most important question that anyone will have to answer in this life is "who do you say that Jesus is?". The answer will dictate your eternity.
Wes, please read the book of John and ask God to help you answer this question.
I will be praying for you my friend.
I thank you for the prayers but guess in his 26 years Cameron committed enough sin to warrant his being taken out thus making the grief, sorrow and anguish of his death justifiable? I could believe that in my 68 years, I have committed enough sin to make him pop a couple of cancerous tumors into my brain.but why make my wife and family suffer as well? They don’t deserve this

steelfrog

Tier 1
Aaaand this latest stupidity aptly illustrates a reason why Steel stopped coming on this thing. The sheer callousness of using a religion to justify kicking a dying man in the balls is just sickening.

Here's some quotes from some smart fellers to soften the blow, Wes:

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. Fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves."--- Charles Bukowski

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.” --- Martin Luther King Jr.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” --- Thomas Paine

"If you can only remain pure in your stupidity, someday you may get a phone call from hell." --- Charles Bukowski

frog-hat

Thanks Steel.its hardfor me to think of myself as a dying man but that’s a reality I am coming to grips with. My only hope is that I can make it yhrough football season and watch my Horned Frogs kick some butt
I hope you get that also; I'm sorry you have to bear this burden.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I hope you get that also; I'm sorry you have to bear this burden.
Thanks. The hardest thing has been learning to cope with things like using my left hand and trying to make my left leg move so that I can try and walk.Its like I’ve had a stroke but haven’t

It’s a new world for me but the loss of independence is a tough one to overcome. I’d give anything to go somewhere but I haven’t been out of the house in two weeks, Hopefully this weekend I have one step to negotiate but have to rely on my left leg to support me at one point and I don’t have confidence in it so I tend to chicken out
I’ll get it figured out