• The KillerFrogs

Tech Fans on Twitter

CountryFrog

Yes. One is classless, crude, disrespectful but virtually harmless. Another could cause serious damage and could be considered a felony assault. I think the distinction is relatively important.

Would love a plausible explanation how a student sneaks in a frozen water bottle, keeps it frozen for 6 hours(2 hours standing in line for those student seats and 4 hours of game time) in the 80+ degree September game and has good enough aim to hit a player in the head.

Which is honestly more plausible; a student went through all those steps and managed to pull off an assault with zero witnesses outside of Patterson, or Gary Patterson is exaggerating to take a shot at a rival fanbase whom he recruits against?
All that's needed is a single complicit concession stand worker to keep a few water bottles in a freezer for you until the end of the game. Is that really so implausible?

CountryFrog

I incorrectly assumed everyone had the basic understanding that they weren't buying and throwing full water bottles at the very end of the game in the off chance that there would be a last second play that upset them.

This discussion has taken an unproductive turn. Fans shouldn't throw things at coaches and players and I'll leave the discussion at that.
Why would you assume that Tech fans would ONLY throw the water bottles in the off chance that their team would lose on a last second play? It seems much more likely that they would bring things with the specific plan to throw them at the end of the game regardless of the outcome.

Are people rushing to the concession stands to buy tortillas and go throw them? Or do they already have the tortillas with them ready to throw at the opportune time?

Purp

Why would you assume that Tech fans would ONLY throw the water bottles in the off chance that their team would lose on a last second play? It seems much more likely that they would bring things with the specific plan to throw them at the end of the game regardless of the outcome.

Are people rushing to the concession stands to buy tortillas and go throw them? Or do they already have the tortillas with them ready to throw at the opportune time?
The definitely get batteries from the concession stands. They're on the shelf right next to the Snickers bars and candy corn.

Westsider

My Tech friends stub-hubbed a couple of seats for the TCU-Tech MBB game last season and sat next to an older Tech couple they did not know. All four of them were very respectful but were harrassed and vulgarly cussed out for no reason by the Frog jerk behind them. Every word in the book, including calling the older woman a c**t when she asked him to calm down. The jerk's wife sat there and watched.

His seats were.... Section 112, Row B, Seat 1,2.

I'll revisit this post next season so everyone can go by and say hi to him.

My point is.... we have disgusting jerks, too.

CountryFrog

My Tech friends stub-hubbed a couple of seats for the TCU-Tech MBB game last season and sat next to an older Tech couple they did not know. All four of them were very respectful but were harrassed and vulgarly cussed out for no reason by the Frog jerk behind them. Every word in the book, including calling the older woman a c**t when she asked him to calm down. The jerk's wife sat there and watched.

It's certainly a valid point and its true of every fan base and every group of people in the history of humanity.

It's the VOLUME and CONSISTENCY of the jerkiness that seems to set Tech fans apart from pretty much everyone else. They're like Alabama. Alabama doesn't have a monopoly on talent and they don't win every single game but the depth of their talent and overall consistency of winning year after year is what has made them the standard.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

I get your point here but you don’t know if the person who owns those seats was sitting in them that day. You are inviting people to say something to someone that might be innocent.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!

@atofrog

SuperTFrog

Every fan base has crappy fans. I bet 10-15% of TCU’s fans are like that. I bet 75% of TTU’s fans are like that.

Every fan base has crappy fans. I bet 10-15% of TCU’s fans are like that. I bet 75% of TTU’s fans are like that.

I know a lot of Tech fans and most of them fall into the 75%. The 25% don’t follow sports closely. I bet 90% of die hard TTU fans are total chode munchers.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Ain't that the truth.....

I had some old bat (probably younger than me now...) in a Hog Hat when I was a student during the Arky losing streak say and I quote what I can, “We kicked your ‘ mofoing arse’!” I hope she was fried, in either case I’m sure she was a classy joy to be round...

froginmn

The only thing I can say from recent experience is that I attended the Final Four and sat near some Tech fans. It was like sitting in Walmart watching a game.