• The KillerFrogs

Top things you want to see as a fan at the 2019 home games

HFrog12

Gary is going to take care of the on the field product for sure, my posts are focused just for fan experience and how to get the crowd in the game earlier and loud as the team runs out. In that spirit, here are three examples of TCU produced or contract purchased team intro videos. I think the crowd reaction tells you which style was more effective building crowd cheering. I keep harping that these intro videos need to be crisp, like 60 seconds or under, and not too wordy. I also think the Brent Musberger, "And TCU is Going to Win the Rose Bowl!" video and audio segment should be part of every TCU intro video. Instant purple crowd fire upper.

This was the 2016 intro video. Super Frog got a louder cheer from the fans than our team. This video was too long, too wordy, and weird. When you have someone like FDR talking about nuclear fallout shelters you're going to lose the crowd.

This is me beating a dead horse, but good lord I cringe so bad at wrestlemania cheerleader man starting the Go Frogs chant. I understand that may be ridiculous for me to think like that, I get it. But for whatever reason i think that is one of the worst in-game experiences we have. Any energy that was there is completely sucked out when they trot that guy out to the 50.

steelfrog

Tier 1
2 Kings 2:23-24
“From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. ‘Get out of here, baldy!’ they said. ‘Get out of here, baldy!’ He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.”

18836_02_TCU_Showgirls_Poster_GM07_small.jpg

LeagueCityFrog

Maybe this song when this year's Frog team comes out to play Clemson in the CFP semifinal.... IF Clemson makes it.

#alwaysdrinkingthatpurpledrank

MAcFroggy

This is me beating a dead horse, but good lord I cringe so bad at wrestlemania cheerleader man starting the Go Frogs chant. I understand that may be ridiculous for me to think like that, I get it. But for whatever reason i think that is one of the worst in-game experiences we have. Any energy that was there is completely sucked out when they trot that guy out to the 50.

I can not describe how much I hate our pregame routine. I hate almost every aspect of it: Welcome to the jungle, sparklers on flags, etc. However, the "go frogs" microphone guy is the absolute worst. I have always been a "go in early" guy, but the pregame routine is just so so bad that I can not even watch it.

Frog DJ

With regard to the game-day presentation issue - I must admit I don't pay much attention to it.

My focus is almost exclusively on the actual game, so all the "Kiss Cam" stuff doesn't capture my eye very much.

I'm usually looking at CGP or trying to catch a glimpse of some relevant interaction between players, not the "bells and whistles."

I understand those kinds of extras are a draw for many of the casual fans, but frankly - I'm not a casual fan. I'm engaged with what's between the lines.

Go Frogs!

HFrog12

I can not describe how much I hate our pregame routine. I hate almost every aspect of it: Welcome to the jungle, sparklers on flags, etc. However, the "go frogs" microphone guy is the absolute worst. I have always been a "go in early" guy, but the pregame routine is just so so bad that I can not even watch it.

Preach - it's super cringy. Married into an LSU family and go to a lot of games in Tiger Stadium and I get my fix of pregame chills with their intro videos/music. Then get amped for a game at the Carter until intro shows video of some old man on his porch doing riff ram or a player tackling some JV high school football player...

One year there were bears wrestling or something random. Then comes the sparklers and microphone guy...woof.

Do more this...

2010 was one of my TCU favorites. Simple

Another good one...cant remember if it was last year's intro or not.

Last edited:

tcumaniac

Preach - it's super cringy. Married into an LSU family and go to a lot of games in Tiger Stadium and I get my fix of pregame chills with their intro videos/music. Then get amped for a game at the Carter until intro shows video of some old man on his porch doing riff ram or a player tackling some JV high school football player...

One year there were bears wrestling or something random. Then comes the sparklers and microphone guy...woof.

Do more this...

2010 was one of my TCU favorites. Simple

Another good one...cant remember if it was last year's intro or not.

Video 1: “Fear isn’t what’s hiding under the bed. It’s right here waiting inside this tunnel.” Possibly the worst line in the history of intro videos. Also. Tackling the middle schooler in football pads still makes me cringe to this day.

Video 2 (LSU): wasn’t that impressed

Video 3: meh. Not a fan of that one at all. I think an intro video should be a little more unique and energizing than just playing a highlight reel.

Video 4: that wasn’t an intro video. Just a preseason hype video. Not sure if it’s online.

2016 with the real Horned Frog is one of my favorites

2017 is the one with the wresting bear. Absolutely awful https://youtu.be/x81bvcZmwzs

2014 Amp it up was another turrrrible one https://youtu.be/EyuLw60cBAA

2012 was another bad one. Too much talking from players https://youtu.be/VqXgAillzWI

Looking back though, a majority of our intro videos have sucked. We need to hire whoever does our baseball video every year, as I don’t think we use the same company that football does. Some of the baseball ones are iconic and have national acclaim.

Back to football, 2009 is still my all time favorite.
https://youtu.be/LlfmI6-4Mio

HFrog12

Video 1: “Fear isn’t what’s hiding under the bed. It’s right here waiting inside this tunnel.” Possibly the worst line in the history of intro videos. Also. Tackling the middle schooler in football pads still makes me cringe to this day.

Video 2 (LSU): wasn’t that impressed

Video 3: meh. Not a fan of that one at all. I think an intro video should be a little more unique and energizing than just playing a highlight reel.

Video 4: that wasn’t an intro video. Just a preseason hype video. Not sure if it’s online.

2016 with the real Horned Frog is one of my favorites

2017 is the one with the wresting bear. Absolutely awful

2014 Amp it up was another turrrrible one

2012 was another bad one. Too much talking from players

Looking back though, a majority of our intro videos have sucked. We need to hire whoever does our baseball video every year, as I don’t think we use the same company that football does. Some of the baseball ones are iconic and have national acclaim.

Back to football, 2009 is still my all time favorite.

I could see how the LSU one doesn't impress that much if you aren't familiar with the traditions or aren't in the stadium Saturday Night. Agree that 2016 was pretty good. 2009 doesn't do anything for me. Players being staged in some pump up rally...meh. Give me the highlights, give me the history, give me the tradition. At the end of the day it's not about me and if videos like 2009 get the players pumped then I am all for it. I just get a lot more fired up and rowdy when I see The Great White hit or Anderson running 93 yds on Ohio St. than Jerry Hughes doing a scripted pump up while Marcus Cannon rubs purple finger paint under his eyes.

LeagueCityFrog

I also thought that Arizona State does a great job firing up their crowd when the sun devils come out. They do a great job with coordinating the on field pyrotechnics with the music and the team running out. No words spoken during their intro video. Just a rock n roll video and some good pyro.

This style intro is what TCU Athletics should do. Do it in a Texas style and size version and call it good. ASU's intro is to the point, about a minute, the hype and energy builds, and out roars the team.

Last edited:

Eight

not sure how there is a discussion of college football entrance videos and va tech hasn't been mentioned yet.

first and foremost before any music the stadium is packed, no gaps, no spaces, and the stadium is ready for the game. the cheer is basic, it is simple, it is loud, and the crowd doesn't need to be prompted by some message board.

second, when the music starts the crowd starts moving. no one is worried about the ice bouncing out of their gnt in the suites or finishing one last beer in the parking lot.