• The KillerFrogs

Your 3 favorite aircraft

Billy Clyde

C-130 because I never have to be on one again...
F-4 because they used to buzz the treetops around my house flying out of Ellington AFB in Clear Lake...
The little rubber band on a stick that we bought at the dime store growing up which launched a plastic "jet." The modern day version of that setup, which launches a "helicopter" up to 80' in the air, is way cool.

Bob Sugar

giphy.gif

DaCrief

1. 747 (always try to get on the British Airways flight to London that leaves DFW around 5/6pm so I can ride the 747)

2. Concorde (wish I’d had the opportunity)

3. 777

Only one. SR71 Blackbird. I was working at TGI Fridays one day when the thing swooped down for an emergency landing at Carswell and I honestly thought it was an alien space craft. They fixed the problem and the thing went down the runway and shot straight up out of sight.

iu
If you ever get a chance, come out to the Udvar-Hazy center by Dulles airport. You can walk right up to one. The Enola Gay is there too.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Good list. I would substitute the F-117 Stealth Fighter for the B1 as pretty much the world was mesmerized by what it did in the first major engagement of my lifetime which was the first gulf war. Looking forward to the Top Gun sequel supposedly out next year. It will probably be somewhat cheesy but so what.
Well, except that its first major engagement was in the attack on Noriega in Panama.

NewFrogFan

From a pilot’s POV,

A-10, once you have fired the gun.......from 3 miles slant range, you know why.

P-51, wish I had the BTDT shirt.

B-1, burners on a bomber is really cool. I have flown the B52, while it’s history is elite, even the H model is a Pig.

NO AIRLINER,