• The KillerFrogs

OT: Shotguns

Mean Purple

Looking to purchase a new semi auto shotgun.

Will use primarily for clay shooting and dove/quail hunting.

I want a wood stock, but not positive what make or model I want yet. So far I'm considering the:
Beretta A400 Upland
Beretta A400 Xplor Action
Browning Maxus
Browning A5
Remington 1100

Willing to pay a little more for a gun that I'll be happy with for a lifetime.

Curious to hear the board's opinions and recommendations.

Thanks
After years of using them, I hate to say this, but avoid the Remington.

Go ahead and look at the Benelli along with the Beretta. (think they still have the same parent comany). Benelli has some wood stocks. (Montefeltro, performance upland light and the legacy(listed under the sport II). They make some over/unders as well. Their semi autos are amazing. My Super Black Eagle II is the best semi I have ever fired. So don't be afraid to look at their synth stocks, they are stable due to the intertia driven system.

the beretta's are incredible as well.

Billy Clyde

I was going to post some specific (and highly humorous) directions to help you find the elusive citori thing, but with talk of 10-year bans in another thread, I passed.

Good call. Besides, one man's citori is another man's mossberg pump. If you aren't careful you can wind up with a case of ithaca.

Mean Purple

Bass Pro has Beretta 686 Silver Pigeons on sale for $1,775.97 during their 2nd Amendment Sale

Regular Price $2,149.99
Sale Price $1,849.97
Less 4% instant savings ($74)
$1,775.97+tax

Not a horrible price but you could probably do better in the used market.
That's not bad at all.

Mean Purple

This is Texas. When you purchase a truck, you get a shotgun and a puppy with the truck. Don't need to buy a shotgun separately.
There is a dealership in Arkansas that used to run ads on (I think) KATV. Buy the truck, get a shotgun. Think it was a beretta (obviously, not the higher end, but still).

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I will also advise the Browning Citori. I have a 12 and a 20, and they are quick to shoulder, easy to move and second nature to aim.