• The KillerFrogs

FW Business Press: TCU scores high in 'Most Beautiful Campus' ranking

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
55c65da1131e5.image.jpg

FW Business Press: TCU scores high in 'Most Beautiful Campus' ranking

Purple is beautiful

Texas Christian University is No. 16. No, not in the football rankings. TCU is no. 16 on the Princeton Review’s list of Most Beautiful Campuses. The ranking is based on what students attending the schools in Princeton Review’s Best Colleges book.

TCU, which has been remaking the campus over the past decade and is currently rebuilding the Worth Hills area of the campus, ranks just below Atlanta’s Emory University and just above Christopher Newport University in Newport News, Virginia.

The most beautiful campus in the rankings is Bucknell University, in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania.

Read more at http://www.fortworthbusiness.com/ne...cle_c301f2ee-a285-11e9-b2e8-2fd6fbb605cb.html

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
It’s a far cry from the early 70s when it seemed TCU embraced the dry and dusty, no landscaping look when Mondo Mickey tossed a paper airplane that was on fire out of the third floor of the Milton Hilton and set the grass on fire...

TCU2002

One thing I always noticed about the campus is that the sandy color of the buildings meant that the grass had to be green in order for the campus to look good. With brown grass, there is too little color contrast.

It is hard to overstate the transformation of central campus. The old Brown Lupton Student Center was U-G-L-Y and the parking lot between Milton Daniel and Colby Hall was...not good.

RufeBruton

For a true change of pace: TCU has one of the largest student populations on the list. University of Vermont is the only one with a greater enrollment.

Limp Lizard

One thing I always noticed about the campus is that the sandy color of the buildings meant that the grass had to be green in order for the campus to look good. With brown grass, there is too little color contrast.

It is hard to overstate the transformation of central campus. The old Brown Lupton Student Center was U-G-L-Y and the parking lot between Milton Daniel and Colby Hall was...not good.
It looked fine to us in the 60's. Brown Lupton was added on to during the 60's and was comparatively nice. In 40 years young TCU people will be marveling about how crude the campus was back in 2019. I visited a friend in the late 60's at Baylor...the student center was not even air conditioned! Their campus made TCU look really good.

Another reason for the dry conditions back when is they only watered by heavy hoses and big impulse sprinklers.

Big Frog II

It looked fine to us in the 60's. Brown Lupton was added on to during the 60's and was comparatively nice. In 40 years young TCU people will be marveling about how crude the campus was back in 2019. I visited a friend in the late 60's at Baylor...the student center was not even air conditioned! Their campus made TCU look really good.

Another reason for the dry conditions back when is they only watered by heavy hoses and big impulse sprinklers.
Baylor is a butt ugly campus in a butt ugly town hence the logo BU.

Frog DJ

To be fair to Baylor (not that I think they deserve it, sometimes), I graduated from Pachal in ‘66, and it wasn’t air conditioned, either.

Go Frogs!

Eight

rice is on list so i have to question some of the choices.

also question not including the university of washington in seattle

HFrog12

rice is on list so i have to question some of the choices.

also question not including the university of washington in seattle

Strongly disagree with your Rice example. If you simply dislike Houston itself then fair; however, the architecture and landscaping at Rice is pretty spectacular, especially all of the old oaks everywhere. Obviously the football stadium is very tired. Reckling Park with the medical center backdrop is a pretty great place to watch a game.

I will assume that the Princeton list didn't factor in topography or views since Pepperdine isn't on the list.

Eight

Strongly disagree with your Rice example. If you simply dislike Houston itself then fair; however, the architecture and landscaping at Rice is pretty spectacular, especially all of the old oaks everywhere. Obviously the football stadium is very tired. Reckling Park with the medical center backdrop is a pretty great place to watch a game.

I will assume that the Princeton list didn't factor in topography or views since Pepperdine isn't on the list.

rice's architecture to me is nice on some buidlings, but others are basic and bland, the oaks ringing the campus are nice, but again not unique

college-photo_26055.jpg

rice

university-of-washington-seattle-campus-cherry-blossoms-quad.jpg

uw