• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Watched Robin Hood on HBO last night. The one that came out near the end of last year with Jamie Foxx. It was good, I liked it. Had alot of action in it and the ending left it open for a possible sequel.

Chongo94

Really bmoney? I watched it too and wouldn’t recommend it haha. Shows how everyone is different and has their own likes and dislikes. I think it was more weird than bad for me. It was fun, but just not very good I thought.

I mean Taron Egerton and Ben Mendelsohn were the only bright spots in it for me, they were great as their characters. Jaime Foxx was just sorta there and Bono’s daughter continues to prove she can’t act at all. And I didn’t understand why they tried to do the whole weird medieval war is call of duty in Iraq stuff. Very odd.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Really bmoney? I watched it too and wouldn’t recommend it haha. Shows how everyone is different and has their own likes and dislikes. I think it was more weird than bad for me. It was fun, but just not very good I thought.

I mean Taron Egerton and Ben Mendelsohn were the only bright spots in it for me, they were great as their characters. Jaime Foxx was just sorta there and Bono’s daughter continues to prove she can’t act at all. And I didn’t understand why they tried to do the whole weird medieval war is call of duty in Iraq stuff. Very odd.

Lol it is weird because I don't usually get into movies like that, that's set in medieval times and stuff like that. But I liked that one.

I do agree with you on the medieval call of duty part, it did seem out of place. I thought I had accidentally changed the channel when that part first started.

Chongo94

Lol it is weird because I don't usually get into movies like that, that's set in medieval times and stuff like that. But I liked that one.

I do agree with you on the medieval call of duty part, it did seem out of place. I thought I had accidentally changed the channel when that part first started.

Haha right. I did like that Arthur from Peaky Blinders was the sergeant or whatever, that dude does rough and ready very well.

tcudoc

I thought Murder Mystery was mildly entertaining, but not great. I am pretty tired of Adam Sandler, but I enjoy him more when he co-stars with Aniston.
I just watched Zodiac. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I didn’t really know the story at all, so it was all new to me.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Watched "The Old Man and The Gun." Overall, worth the time.

Redford at 83 years old says it will be his last time in front of the camera. Right choice IMHO.

Sissy Spacek will celebrate her 70th birthday this year. Her nose, however, hasn't aged a day since she starred in "Carrie". It was distracting.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
What is it about a good story that makes Hollywood decide to make not one, but two films at the same time?

Deep Impact and Armageddon were released pretty closely together, and had the same basic scenario. Both were exceedingly dopey, of course...

MTfrog5

What is it about a good story that makes Hollywood decide to make not one, but two films at the same time?

Deep Impact and Armageddon were released pretty closely together, and had the same basic scenario. Both were exceedingly dopey, of course...

Good question but I’ll still watch both

Eight

road to perdition was on television last night.

last film paul newman worked on and i think this is a very underrated film with great work by hanks, newman, law, craig, hinds, and tucci

here is the last scene newman ever worked on in film and there are so many great things about this scene

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Good question but I’ll still watch both
I have a hard time watching anything Roland Emmerich is involved in. I think the only film of his I liked was Anonymous, the rest being dopey dialog used to support sweeping special effects. I know absolutely nothing about the production company involved in Dauntless. All the "talent" looks to be B-level or thereabouts (Raymond Spruance played by Judd Nelson?), but I am hoping that the screenplay is based on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett_Tillman book, and that he had a strong hand in the production of the film. Authenticity in a film concerning this subject is important.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
By far the best decade for movies.

I'll have to push back on that one and go with the 70s

Alien
The Godfather I & II
Taxi Driver
The Exorcist
Star Wars Episode IV
The Deer Hunter
Apocalypse Now
A Clockwork Orange