• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU basketball player representing Argentina in FIBA World Cup

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU basketball player representing Argentina in FIBA World Cup

By Stefan Stevenson

TCU incoming freshman basketball player Francisco Farabello is playing with the native Argentinian team in the FIBA U19 World Cup.

The tournament runs from Saturday through July 7 in Crete, Greece. Argentina opens against Russia.

Farabello, a 6-foot-2 guard from Canada de Gomez in Argentina, signed with TCU in November. He will be one of nine newcomers for TCU this fall.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article232025157.html#storylink=cpy

Eight

Everything I’ve heard is this kid is going to be very good before he leaves.

zIHhN3j.jpg

Eight

Go Frogs does not list the nine newcomers-- can Eight, Moose, Pharm or anyone tell us about them?

who really knows at this point and i am not sure anyone truly knows who will be on the roster next year.

247 shows 4 freshmen who signed (farabello, fuller, pearson, and smith) positives reports about their athletic ability and potential, but until you start playing games who knows how they fit together in real situations.

then you have taryn todd who was first classified as a 2020 recruit and then supposedly reclassified to be eligible for 2019. i have seen todd listed anywhere from 6'2" to 6'4" and fits the molds of the others in being long and athletic.

the frogs also picked up a number of transfers starting with edric dennis and jayre grayer who are eligible to play this year. grayer sat out most of last season at george mason with an injury, but as a junior averaged 12 pts, 7 rbs, and 1 ast a game

dennis is odd one to me as tcu is the fourth school he will have played out during his time in collge (jackson st, juco, and uta. averaged 14 pts a game, but is a carrer .39 pct fg and .31% from 3 pt.

then the frogs have 2 transfers who from what i have heard are sitting out a year. jaedon ledee is a 4 from houston who is an ohio state transfer and kevin easley who is a 3 and a chattanooga - tennessee trasnfer

another big unknown is right now the frogs have 5 projected returners and 9 new players. the speculation is lat will be the player who eventually leaves the program.

if lat does, that means tcu will enter the season with only 2 players over 6'7" in samuel and barlow and if leedee does have to sit the frogs are going to be really thin upfront.

beyond that is it tough to tell until the roster is set and we know if ledee will have to sit or can help upfront.

on paper the back court will be taller, longer, and more athletic with the young kids and grayer, but can they shoot? can they handle the ball? will the rebound and defend?

Farmfrog

Having seen Farabello play two games in the U19 tourney he’s going to be very good. Good ballhandler, good passer and his shooting is better than anticipated.

There are seven new players eligible to play this season. Fuller, Smith, Farabello, Pearson, Todd, Grayer and Dennis. Two guys will redshirt in Easley and Ledee.

Rose Bowl

Having watched Farabello play all four of his U19 games I can say he should be a good player before he’s done. I don’t think he will be a starter this year but he should be able to give us some quality minutes. He is a pass first guy but his shot looks good plus he seemed a very willing defender. I can’t wait to see he and the team play.

JogginFrog

Here's his stat line for the FIBA U19 World Cup:
http://www.fiba.basketball/world/u19/2019/player/Francisco-Farabello
6.4 ppg on 30.4% shooting, 31.3% from 3
3.7 rpg
4.9 apg
87% from the FT line

Considering his shooting %, probably good that he's pass-first...but maybe can help the team turn it around at the foul line.

Argentina won Group C with a perfect slate, beating Russia, Philippines and host Greece. In the Round of 16 they played Puerto Rico, which finished last in its group. Argentina was up 8 early and then went to sleep. Got trucked by 20, nearly all of which came in a 5-minute stretch in the early fourth quarter during which Farabello never saw the court. They were down three when he came out in the last minute of Q3 and down 18 when he came back in. Their other point guards were terrible (+/- of -19 and -22), especially on defense.

Surprised to see Mali, ranked 27th in the world, finish second to the U.S. Mali needs all the encouraging news it can get.