• The KillerFrogs

Boykin-How Did He Make It Through College?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
No.

What he did is terrible.

Don't know why you want to pile on him though.

So do people pile on Baylor? Maybe. Do they deserve it?

I don’t think anyone is piling on. It is one thing to make a mistake, it’s another to repeat it and exhibit duplicitous behavior like he has with the little girl at Iowa State and then do some of things he does repeatedly.

froginmn

I

Agreed. Always felt that Green deserved the MVP award that game over Boykin, with a receiving and rushing TD, it's just his great plays were real early.

But then again, I'm a huge Green mark and feel like he is the most underrated Frog of the last 10 years.
Not sure what a green mark is but it sounds like something that will cause you to change your shorts.

tetonfrog

So do people pile on Baylor? Maybe. Do they deserve it?

I don’t think anyone is piling on. It is one thing to make a mistake, it’s another to repeat it and exhibit duplicitous behavior like he has with the little girl at Iowa State and then do some of things he does repeatedly.

I am not defending him. Tre has made several horrible decisions and he is certainly paying for them now.

But, through good and bad, he is a Frog. It is a sad situation and it is even worse when his fellow Frogs continue to tear him into him...............even if he probably deserves it.

BoondocksFrog

I lived with some players my senior year, and they commented on a few occasions that they were shocked he kept it together as long as he did.

With that said, it’s a sad situation because he never stood a chance. Just raised in a terrible environment and no one ever showed him right from wrong.

BoondocksFrog

Talked with a grad assistant during the 2013 season who was partially tasked with keeping up with him. Said he was a ticking time bomb and worse than Pachall ever was. Also noted his home life/influences were very poor. Hard for him to leave behind the type of lifestyle/community he grew up in.

This is what I always heard. People in the know always told me to keep my excitement reeled in because it could all come crashing down.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I am not defending him. Tre has made several horrible decisions and he is certainly paying for them now.

But, through good and bad, he is a Frog. It is a sad situation and it is even worse when his fellow Frogs continue to tear him into him...............even if he probably deserves it.

Saying just “because he is Frog” is really a bad reason to cut anyone slack for criminal behavior. Going down that road is full of all kinds of potholes. Like saying ‘cut David Koresh some slack, he was a Texan.’

frog-hat

I lived with some players my senior year, and they commented on a few occasions that they were shocked he kept it together as long as he did.

With that said, it’s a sad situation because he never stood a chance. Just raised in a terrible environment and no one ever showed him right from wrong.
I would disagree with the “never had a chance”. When he became a scholarship qb for TCU with the support system and educational opportunity that that provided, he had his chance. He chose to throw all that away. His choice

ECM

Didn’t y’all practically canonize the guy because he said something nice to some young ISU fan one time?

Frozen Frog

Many of these players come from places where they were the stars. Some of them face large amounts of pressure from their communities to bring prominence especially in regards to athletics. That is especially true in Texas with football. As a result they often have support systems and structures in place. Some lose that when they get to college. Others when they leave college. Now you have your own time with nobody controlling you and what you do with that freedom can go multiple ways. Some people thrive with the extra freedom, but others can go down a much different path. Some people leaving their home support is great, but others it is a very difficult situation.

ECM

I bet you canonized Craig James before it became known that he killed all of those hookers as well.

Idiot.
At the rate he’s going, Boykin might actually, literally kill five hookers.

But let’s be real, anyone who was plugged into the scene in college football when Boykin was around knew there were dark clouds surrounding him. Nevertheless, Gary Patterson will always prioritize on field success at the expense of women’s safety. That’s who he is.

NYC Horned Frog

But let’s be real, anyone who was plugged into the scene in college football when Boykin was around knew there were dark clouds surrounding him. Nevertheless, Gary Patterson will always prioritize on field success at the expense of women’s safety. That’s who he is.

How’s life in the little leagues?

Frog-in-law1995

Devonte Fields.
KeVontae Turpin.

Kick rocks, moron.