• The KillerFrogs

Boykin-How Did He Make It Through College?

West Coast Johnny

He had a good role model.
images

MCFROG III

I hate it when people give up on people... His violence is crazy, yes. But man he just needs to cut out the sauce.

It was mentioned that Trevones is bipolar back in the 2017 incident. Just like Barrett Robbins disappeared just a couple of days before the Super Bowl for the Raiders when he went off his meds, hit the bars and started what became bizarre a journey of violence and mental illness. So many super star athletes, singers, actors and highly successful faces who've crashed and burned seem to carry that dark secret of bipolarism (manic depression) with them until they're lit up by the lights of a mug shot or on a medical examiner's table. Trevone's hell is not one I'd wish on anyone, but it exists, and sadly, he's not alone.

MTfrog5

I (and his fellow teammates) had to pull Boykin back from a fist fight with a bouncer the night before the Peach Bowl, I kid you not. He was so drunk the bouncer wouldn't let him in and he pulled the DYKWIA card.
Love hearing stories about dudes that pull that card. Blake Bell loved to pull that card at OU when being denied from different girls from what I’ve been told.

Brog

My sister, whom is the ABSOLUTE WORST judge of character in the HISTORY OF THE WORLD, thought he was an amazing human being.

When she voiced that, I immediately knew he was probably a bit off. Whomever was in charge of trying to rein him in during his undergrad days probably deserves sainthood.

Absolutely agree, despite the whom instead of who. Grammar police!

ShreveFrog

That's crazy. I assume there was a team breakfast? The wakeup call had to be, what 7 am?

And then he played with flashes of greatness. These are Trevone highlights (and some lowlights) from the Peach bowl: :

HG73

That's crazy. I assume there was a team breakfast? The wakeup call had to be, what 7 am?

And then he played with flashes of greatness. These are Trevone highlights (and some lowlights) from the Peach bowl: :

So, drunk Trevon is the best QB since Sammy Baugh?

Shorty

Also noted his home life/influences were very poor. Hard for him to leave behind the type of lifestyle/community he grew up in.
I worked with a woman that had kids that grew up and ran with Boykin. This is very much the case. All of them hung out and drank and smoked with the dudes they grew up with. Joe Bergeron at UT was caught in the same [ Finebaum ]. The woman said her kid would justify his behavior by saying guys like Joe and Tre were even worse lol.

ticketfrog123

He had multiple incidents swept under the rug...almost all of them at bars.

Guess the Frog Factor was not as strong in him, lol

Can confirm this as well. Looks like the KFC board is starting to show who’s an “insider” and who buys GP’s coach speak.

Anybody at TCU or who knew a student at TCU during Boykin’s time would tell you a few stories.

The pre-field photo with the child (ISU or KSU) also built upon him having a good image. Was a dick on campus and off the field, dating back to before he was starting QB.

Turpin was much worse, IMO.

On a positive note, Aaron Green was a great human by all accounts.