• The KillerFrogs

Random: When and How did Sports Hate enter your heart?

Froggish

Off Season Boredom:

Talking to a guy at work and we were trying put a timeline on our various sport hate. Sports hate meaning that moment you stopped liking or being indifferent to a team or athlete..I remembered mine very clearly..

My family started buying season tix to Frog games about the time I entered Jr. High. Seventh grade to be exact. Up to that point I knew plenty about rivalries but I never felt the hate side of them. They were just mystical fun that added to the atmosphere. However in 1991 when A&M came to town the “hit” happened on McPherson, I distinctly remember looking around and seeing maroon wearing SOBs cheering McPherson down on the ground. At that very point the sports hate entered my heart and even today I want throttle every gaggie I come across. I was forever a different sports fan..

So what about you?

Paint It Purple

Off Season Boredom:

Talking to a guy at work and we were trying put a timeline on our various sport hate. Sports hate meaning that moment you stopped liking or being indifferent to a team or athlete..I remembered mine very clearly..

My family started buying season tix to Frog games about the time I entered Jr. High. Seventh grade to be exact. Up to that point I knew plenty about rivalries but I never felt the hate side of them. They were just mystical fun that added to the atmosphere. However in 1991 when A&M came to town the “hit” happened on McPherson, I distinctly remember looking around and seeing maroon wearing SOBs cheering McPherson down on the ground. At that very point the sports hate entered my heart and even today I want throttle every gaggie I come across. I was forever a different sports fan..

So what about you?
I too began hating Aggies on that day. Probably strongly disliked them before, but hate started then.

Frog-in-law1995

Off Season Boredom:

So what about you?

SFP

Chongo94

Aggies. Elementary school. Well before the hit mentioned.

Aggies are a waste of oxygen. Another of life’s mysteries as to why they were born, just like mosquitoes. Aggies. May every single one of them rot.

HFrog1999

It’s either when I started hating the Redskins when I was a kid or when the girl I like started dating a guy who played for our rival school’s basketball team in junior high. I fouled out of that game. She ended up marrying my teammate who happens to be a multimillionaire.

HFrog1999

People ruin everything

“People”

tenor.gif
Thanks

texas_sicilian

First Boise and their stupid smurf turf and stealing our thunder
Then A&M for their constant baseball smack talk, cultish fans, and Big 12 bashing
Then Tech and their obnoxious fans, Ryan Gosling, and gloating of random wins
Then Baylor and their cheating antics, dorky fans, and slimy coach
Then Baker Mayfield, not OU necessarily, just Mayfield... what a jack wad
Then Ohio State and their media love, fake coach, and low class fans
Now UT and their unworthy sense of entitlement, dorky coach and t-shirt fan army

Wow, I guess I never realized I had so much hate inside of me.

Last edited: