• The KillerFrogs

2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament Thread

Bizarro Frog

Does not appear to be a super team this year. Too bad the Frogs ran into the Florida all star pitcher last time out twice and Cinderella Coastal Carolina. Those were both years we could have won it.

I hope we get back there soon. It’s greatnesses.

Moose Stuff

Announcers making a deal out of the Michigan batter’s exit velo on his first inning HR being 6 mph higher than the average in mlb this year. Just gonna ignore that he’s not holding a 34/31 hunk of maple.

Or the fact that it’s just one swing being compared to MLB AVERAGE. There have been an abundance of fastballs thrown in Omaha that were harder than MLB average too.

froginmn

So many people go just for the baseball regardless of who’s in the CWS. Still the best sporting event I have attended.
Yesterday I told my kids what I want for Father's Day next year. To be in Omaha. This is my last year coaching softball after a few years of baseball (about ten overall), so next summer I'll be available and want to make the trip whether the Frogs do or don't.

Hopefully they do.

Kyle101011

As great a chance as any in first year 2010.View attachment 5785
Only problem with ‘10 is we lost to UCLA’s 2 aces in Trevor Bauer and Gerrit Cole so in a championship 3 game series I don’t see us winning that.USC jr got huge help from us as they did not have to face Bauer in the championship. It’s different in ‘17 because if we were on the other side of the bracket and we faced UF we would have only faced Faedo once vs twice. In that case I see us winning ‘17

MTfrog5

Only problem with ‘10 is we lost to UCLA’s 2 aces in Trevor Bauer and Gerrit Cole so in a championship 3 game series I don’t see us winning that.USC jr got huge help from us as they did not have to face Bauer in the championship. It’s different in ‘17 because if we were on the other side of the bracket and we faced UF we would have only faced Faedo once vs twice. In that case I see us winning ‘17
Which goes along with how I wish they would put teams in the other losers bracket like they used to do to stop repeat matchups like that. Who knows if we would have changed anything over the years, but it’s better than losing to the same pitcher twice

Pharm Frog

Which goes along with how I wish they would put teams in the other losers bracket like they used to do to stop repeat matchups like that. Who knows if we would have changed anything over the years, but it’s better than losing to the same pitcher twice

I completely agree with this. I’ve always believed it makes for interesting matchups when you slide losers brackets.