• The KillerFrogs

Next in the transportal...

Froggish

From what I was told, Angus played soft when he got to TCU and it wasn't going to work, the kid from DFW who wore the short shorts, ran weird, and transferred to UTEP thought he was better than Desmond Bane even though he shot 8% from 3 point range, the guy from Australia that was "injured" around December was running his mouth how good he was during practice, Coach Dixon said prove it in practice, he didn't, walked off the practice court, Coach Dixon called out his attitude in the locker room in front of everyone, player bowed up and punched his locker proceeding to break his hand and then transferred out. Kendric Davis...I have no clue...people on this form suspected grades...I posted last week that the 4 star transfer we are getting from Ohio State's grandmother said to me in person when I saw her in Houston wearing TCU swag how excited her grandson was to play with Kendric because they played AAU together growing up.

Unfortunately, Coach Dixon and crew really swung and totally missed on the 2018 recruiting class, but as KU will show you, this is a one and done sport and you can win titles with the newest guys that walk in your door every year. 'In Dixon I Trust.' I like his passion when he coaches and he's a real Frog. Go Frogs!

With all do respect, we aren’t recruiting or getting “one and done” type kids..Dixon is very passionate and a good basketball coach but he just put together a terrible last 12 months. Hope it gets better

Francis Xav

With all do respect, we aren’t recruiting or getting “one and done” type kids..Dixon is very passionate and a good basketball coach but he just put together a terrible last 12 months. Hope it gets better
Its hard to say we have had a terrible 12 months. I mean...

Billy Clyde

Kind of makes you think it's probably not academics then, right?

Edit. The fisherman beat me to it.

If it’s really academics then there is no way that happens

If it does it was something besides grades

Not trying to call shenanigans or anything, but is there something about a direct descendant of Larry bleeping Brown (and Bill Self, fwiw) that makes you guys certain that Smoo wouldn't take an academic risk?

flyfishingfrog

Not trying to call shenanigans or anything, but is there something about a direct descendant of Larry bleeping Brown (and Bill Self, fwiw) that makes you guys certain that Smoo wouldn't take an academic risk?
well I guess anything is possible but there is a big difference between making sure a current player stays eligible through a complex "support" system combined with an easy class schedule to get a degree in Professional Hand Puppets vs accepting a kid on academic probation from another institution to enroll in yours just to play a sport.

But SMU is pretty desperate to find something to stay alive...

Delray Frog

Mass exodus, missing the tourney, and flirting with another school....Yah that’s pretty rough any way you swing it...
I was upset that we missed the NCAA Tourney as well, but Dixon also won 23 games with essentially 7 scholarship players. A quick look back reveals that TCU has only won 23 games 5 times in the last 50 years. Two of those times have been in Dixon's first three years. Just trying to keep things in perspective here folks.

Last edited:

Rose Bowl

I like KD but he wasn’t a starter at the P5 level imo. For me the shorter a guy is the better the player must be to have an impact on the game. He could be excellent in a role off the bench because of his toughness and fearlessness. I believe we have a chance to be pretty good at the point but there could be some growing pains early in the season.

Froggish

I was upset that we missed the NCAA Tourney as well, but Dixon also won 23 games with essentially 7 scholarship players. A quick look back reveals that TCU has only won 23 games 5 times in the last 50 years. Two of those times have been in Dixon's first three years. Just trying to keep things in perspective here folks.

It may not sound fun but getting the tournament is the measuring stick in today’s game. The wins are irrelevant. Let’s See JD win 23 and miss the tourney for the next 3 years and tell me how many around here will be calling for his head. They are letting more teams in the tourney then ever. Dixon has more money and resources (New facilities) then any coach we’ve ever seen in the last 50..So while I think your right, Dixon has elevated the program, anything short of the tourney is underachieving regardless of the number of wins..The investment has been made..Its now time for payoffs...let’s hope this past season what an unfortunate blip

MTfrog5

they can not release a players personal information without consent from the player
And to add to that, it’s not all academic related. If he was ineligible then he would be ineligible everywhere until he was eligible at TCU. Think it was something more and if he was borderline in the classroom, then they aren’t going to fight his attitude about PT or whatever else is going on

Froginbedford

It may not sound fun but getting the tournament is the measuring stick in today’s game. The wins are irrelevant. Let’s See JD win 23 and miss the tourney for the next 3 years and tell me how many around here will be calling for his head. They are letting more teams in the tourney then ever. Dixon has more money and resources (New facilities) then any coach we’ve ever seen in the last 50..So while I think your right, Dixon has elevated the program, anything short of the tourney is underachieving regardless of the number of wins..The investment has been made..Its now time for payoffs...let’s hope this past season what an unfortunate blip

Agree about missing a tournament....National football invitational, basketball and baseball conference tournaments, inflated number of participating teams in the NCAA basketball tournaments, inflated number of teams participating in the NIT basketball tournaments, inflated number of teams participating in the College World Series regionals, super regionals, and the Omaha tournament have all rendered conference competition and championships moot...especially for football in the Big 12 where the team with the best record after conference play is not recognized as the regular season champion by the conference as at least basketball and baseball teams with the best conference record are...but fans emphasize the post-season over those....