• The KillerFrogs

FWST: College gamble pays off as TCU LHP Nick Lodolo taken seventh overall by Cincinnati Reds

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
College gamble pays off as TCU LHP Nick Lodolo taken seventh overall by Cincinnati Reds

By Drew Davison

TCU left-hander Nick Lodolo is going to the Cincinnati Reds.

The Reds drafted Lodolo with the seventh overall pick in the MLB Draft on Monday night, three years after he turned down a $1.75 million signing bonus as the 41st overall pick by the Pittsburgh Pirates.

“Awesome!” Lodolo said in a statement released by TCU. “When you are 17 and you make that decision to turn down $1.75 million, that’s a gamble on yourself that not too many kids would take. I believed in myself. I knew TCU was the place for me. The coaches here are unbelievable. They made me so much better on and off the field and as a person too.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article231136678.html#storylink=cpy

Pharm Frog

Hope so, because we just lost all of our weekend starters.

I'm not sure we'll lose King but I'm inclined to think that we will. But this starting pitching loss to the draft had to have been expected so it will be a matter of seeing how well the coaching staff prepared for it. We may get Sloan and Smith back but relying on their return would be quite risky.

Paint It Purple

I'm not sure we'll lose King but I'm inclined to think that we will. But this starting pitching loss to the draft had to have been expected so it will be a matter of seeing how well the coaching staff prepared for it. We may get Sloan and Smith back but relying on their return would be quite risky.
I had heard stories that King could go high enough to leave. He certainly pitched well these last several weeks.