• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Baseball Tournament 2019 Thread

Pharm Frog

Sad it ended on a truly terrible pitching change, but I don’t think I could’ve watched another TCU baseball game today. Amazed we did as well as we did considering we often get in our own way. I suppose we are not a likely pick for the NCAA tournament, but I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Go Mountaineers!

Only 3 1/2 months to football!

Tell your fingers to relax.

TCUWIN

Luckily this disappointing sports season has ended. Pitching as a whole was awful this year. Usually a strength. Saarloos need to do a better job this fall getting guys ready. Guys while we’re nails last year caused us to bite our nails this year. Only coach that appeared to do his job was mosiello. The offense was good enough to win. Base running is terrible. Defense was terrible. Hopefully next year’s team can go back and play the game right and get back into postseason play.

Pharm Frog

Luckily this disappointing sports season has ended. Pitching as a whole was awful this year. Usually a strength. Saarloos need to do a better job this fall getting guys ready. Guys while we’re nails last year caused us to bite our nails this year. Only coach that appeared to do his job was mosiello. The offense was good enough to win. Base running is terrible. Defense was terrible. Hopefully next year’s team can go back and play the game right and get back into postseason play.

Maybe low expectations will help them focus and develop

Pharm Frog

Me too. I looked back on the thread and looks like they were spread around the infield. We really fought though, and I am proud of the way they hung and gave it all we had to the end.

I’m most glad that we got to see JJ compete and throw like he did yesterday. I don’t care what the box score says. JJ won that game and I’ll give Green the save in the unofficial box score. Those innings alone were satisfying enough if we couldn’t win it all.

Also, apparently he made an error today but got to appreciate Hump. That’s darn near catcher abuse to go that many innings behind the dish in such a short time. What did he get? 1 inning off?

flyfishingfrog

I’m most glad that we got to see JJ compete and throw like he did yesterday. I don’t care what the box score says. JJ won that game and I’ll give Green the save in the unofficial box score. Those innings alone were satisfying enough if we couldn’t win it all.

Also, apparently he made an error today but got to appreciate Hump. That’s darn near catcher abuse to go that many innings behind the dish in such a short time. What did he get? 1 inning off?
He channeled his inner Isola on a bunt and threw it way inside and into right field

Where we made a second error when Keefer picked up the ball and threw it behind him trying to make the throw home

That play - which let a guy score from first on a bunt and the Henry debacle that could have ended the inning with a double play but instead got no outs and allowed OSU to tie it were the back breakers today of the 5

But they were all pretty bad baseball

However Humph was nails all tournament both behind the dish and at the plate

JJ had a great final outing

Goodloe showed he might be our future at 3b

And the team fought hard every game after the loss

Pharm Frog

I wonder what was said to Oviedo in the 9th after he tried to bunt his way on leading off. Would have been a nice sacrifice bunt but we don’t do those so no idea how that even happened in that moment.

flyfishingfrog

I wonder what was said to Oviedo in the 9th after he tried to bunt his way on leading off. Would have been a nice sacrifice bunt but we don’t do those so no idea how that even happened in that moment.

How do you feel about 2B? Or

Let us know where you land next year and keep in touch?

Last edited: