• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Baseball Tournament 2019 Thread

Pharm Frog

How the hell do people live up there?

We enjoyed our ten years in Edmond. The five roofs we had to put on were somewhat less enjoyable. I will say that Oklahomans know their local geography in a way that is uncommon for anywhere else we’ve lived. They know the county names and road numbers and other landmarks because they are so accustomed to hearing things like: “there’s a tornado on the ground at _______”. One of the scariest moments of my life was being on MacArthur Blvd just north of the Kilpatrick Turnpike and hearing the radio meteorologist say, “If you are in Deer Creek, you are out of time. Be in your shelter now.” Pulled into a Braums and we got in their freezer room which was not an altogether bad place to be.

ATC Frog

We enjoyed our ten years in Edmond. The five roofs we had to put on were somewhat less enjoyable. I will say that Oklahomans know their local geography in a way that is uncommon for anywhere else we’ve lived. They know the county names and road numbers and other landmarks because they are so accustomed to hearing things like: “there’s a tornado on the ground at _______”. One of the scariest moments of my life was being on MacArthur Blvd just north of the Kilpatrick Turnpike and hearing the radio meteorologist say, “If you are in Deer Creek, you are out of time. Be in your shelter now.” Pulled into a Braums and we got in their freezer room which was not an altogether bad place to be.

This is all true. The folks up here have an uncanny knowledge of the local geography. We’ve been here since 2014.

ftwfrog

Well, hell. I drank 2 Monster Energy drinks around 9:00 to get ready for late night baseball. I’ll be up all night.

I guess I’ll eat some Cheerios, watch UFC reruns, act like an [ Arschloch], and tell everyone in the house to call me “Chad” for the rest of the night/morning.

Punter1

Well, hell. I drank 2 Monster Energy drinks around 9:00 to get ready for late night baseball. I’ll be up all night.

I guess I’ll eat some Cheerios, watch UFC reruns, act like an [ Arschloch], and tell everyone in the house to call me “Chad” for the rest of the night/morning.

I'd make a Whatabutger run...