• The KillerFrogs

Sporting News: College Football Playoff and bowl projections

Froggish

A predictive TX bowl invite would mean the Sporting News sees us as only a game or two better then last year....They definitively have OU, TX, ISU better and our Frogs, OSU, Bay, and TT in that 6-8 win category...That’s probably not all that off on paper..I personally think we are going to be a bit better but how much...who knows..

I still think TX is tops an 8 win team next year..If they punch over that then Herman is better then we are giving him credit for...Right now he’s getting an incredible amount of benefit of doubt..

Edit: I just heard an interview on my local sports radio station with the guy who wrote this Sporting News article...his knowledge of Big12 football is about as solid as my knowledge of the long term medical effects of weed..

Last edited:

Wexahu

A predictive TX bowl invite would mean the Sporting News sees us as only a game or two better then last year....They definitively have OU, TX, ISU better and our Frogs, OSU, Bay, and TT in that 6-8 win category...That’s probably not all that off on paper..I personally think we are going to be a bit better but how much...who knows..

I still think TX is tops an 8 win team next year..If they punch over that then Herman is better then we are giving him credit for...Right now he’s getting an incredible amount of benefit of doubt..

Texas' ranking seems to ride a great deal on Ehlinger being really good and really healthy all year.

Froggish

Texas' ranking seems to ride a great deal on Ehlinger being really good and really healthy all year.

QBs are important...Extremely important.. but they don’t block and tackle..UT seemed to loose a lot of guys who block and tackled...

Consequently, we have decent amount of returning “block and tacklers”...QB play will dictate our seasons success. Obviously most Frog fans drastically underestimated how our lack of OL experience would effect last years season....

jake102

I think more than anything they underestimated how poor our QB play would be. The OL wasn't great, but it was a hell of a lot better than the QB play IMO.

I went on a 2014-2015 TCU football binge last night. Wow. I forgot how good Boykin was (the OL was also very good). He actually looked at multiple receivers during the course of a play and could throw over the middle of the field. He was especially good in 2015. Just total night and day from what we saw in 2018 where it was one read (almost exclusively towards the sideline) and then panic.

Oh and another thing I noticed, our core WRs stayed on the field for basically every play.

MTfrog5

I went on a 2014-2015 TCU football binge last night. Wow. I forgot how good Boykin was (the OL was also very good). He actually looked at multiple receivers during the course of a play and could throw over the middle of the field. He was especially good in 2015. Just total night and day from what we saw in 2018 where it was one read (almost exclusively towards the sideline) and then panic.

Oh and another thing I noticed, our core WRs stayed on the field for basically every play.
I do that once a month to remind myself what a good offense looked like

Froggish

The late season injuries really kept us from realizing our potential in 15

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.

Longhorns to semi-finals lol.

Jpi9CvA.gif

WhatTheFrog

A little OT - I just completed a motorcycle course. One of the guys there was a fresh Baylor grad and he's going to UT for grad work. I told him I was a Horned Frog and "I'm sorry" about his Baylor degree. He said we could still be friends. I said, "If you say so." His brother, also in the class, is a soph at TAMU. That family is screwed.

That's what I typically do to Baylor grads. There are too many of them out there, btw.

YA

Funny I did the same Wednesday night to about 2:45 am. I was dead tired yesterday but well worth it!!

GoFrog Yourself

A little OT - I just completed a motorcycle course. One of the guys there was a fresh Baylor grad and he's going to UT for grad work. I told him I was a Horned Frog and "I'm sorry" about his Baylor degree. He said we could still be friends. I said, "If you say so." His brother, also in the class, is a soph at TAMU. That family is screwed.

That's what I typically do to Baylor grads. There are too many of them out there, btw.

That’s how you establish a cult and ensure it’s surivival. Strength in numbers

Land Frog

Darn baylor!

Maybe you can teach RollToad how to ride.

Latest posts