• The KillerFrogs

OT - best steakhouse in FW?

froginmn

I'm traveling to Texas for a friend's 50th and it just so happens that mine is the same weekend. I'll be in FW for mine so want to go out for steak.

Curious about opinions as to the best steakhouse in FW. Given the occasion, cost isn't really an issue.

What say you?

Last edited:

railheadrat

I'm traveling to Texas for a friend's 50th and it just so happens that mine is the same weekend. I'll be in FW for mine so want to go out for steak.

Curious about opinions as to the best steakhouse in FW. Given the occasion, cost isn't really an issue.

What say you?
Del Friscos or Eddie V's. This is Colonial week. Del Friscos will be hard to get in.

Realtorfrog

Clay Pigeon or Reata

I have given Del Frisco’s so many chances and I’m not a fan I am in the minority I know.

Haven’t been to B&B

BABYFACE

List:

Del Frisco’s
Ruth Chris
Bob’s Steak and Chop House
Mercury Chop House
Capital Grill
B & B
Silver Fox
Lonesome Dove
Reatta

Lonesome Dove and Reatta are western style bistro’s that will have a steak or two on the menu.

For me, Del Frisco’s is the traditional standard. But, you will get a good steak at any of the places listed above.

BABYFACE

Amazing quality for a relatively low price at Hofbrau's, and it sure is convenient!
I am with for an affordable steak. I also like Texas Roadhouse for an affordable steak, the one pick at the meat counter for them to cook.

But, I don’t eat steak out that much because I grill prime cuts at home over hardwood at a fraction of the cost that will stand up to most high end steakhouses. When I typically eat at a steakhouse, it is because I am being treated by a friend or business function.

Paint It Purple

I am with for an affordable steak. I also like Texas Roadhouse for an affordable steak, the one pick at the meat counter for them to cook.

But, I don’t eat steak out that much because I grill prime cuts at home over hardwood at a fraction of the cost that will stand up to most high end steakhouses. When I typically eat at a steakhouse, it is because I am being treated by a friend or business function.
At what temp? Do you cover the pit while cooking? How close are the coals to the steak? All mistakes I seem to make.