• The KillerFrogs

Colonial Thread

HToady

Every year the announcers talk about what an amazing place FW is especially around Colonial and TCU. I wish they wouldn't do that as much....it's a Nationally televised event and yankees are watching.

I was up there on Friday and the course looks as good as I've seen it. One thing I can guarantee is that it will look better than the Byron Nelson did on TV!

frogs9497

A few years back, a couple of guys at the office called in sick on a Friday during Colonial. The Ticket radio station was broadcasting live from the golf course and interviewing random people in attendance. One of the guys who called in sick ended up on-air, and his manager (yours truly) heard the whole thing.

It gave me a good laugh. Besides, I’ve been guilty of skipping work for Colonial myself.

Last edited:

Chongo94

Bonus points to anyone who doesn't feel compelled to yell anything at all after a tee shot.

Idiots were yelling during the swings this weekend.

Agreed.

I couldn’t understand that while watching the PGA this year. I don’t remember it being like that before. Almost seemed like a watered down version of the Waste Management Phoenix Open at times.

frogs9497

Ryder Cup in 2024 will be an absolute [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] show

“I can’t imagine what a Ryder Cup will be like around here,” Englishman Paul Casey said after Sunday’s final round. “I think it would be intimidating, no doubt. I think I said in an interview earlier this week, it’s like a 13th man for the U.S. team. Big advantage.”

When McIlroy was asked what he thought the crowds would be like in 2024, he had a rather cheeky response.

“No comment,” he said with a smile.

Brog

Is HCGP going to being the pro-Am on Wednesday? Was proud to see him smash a great drive on hole #1 last year, or was that the year before?

Paint It Purple

Agreed.

I couldn’t understand that while watching the PGA this year. I don’t remember it being like that before. Almost seemed like a watered down version of the Waste Management Phoenix Open at times.
Bethpage Black = Long Island, Long Island = NY, NY = Yankees. Though, embarrassingly there were probably some dumbass drunk Dixie boys there too.