• The KillerFrogs

Something For TCU Fans to Complain About

Spike

I don’t understand this. Wouldn’t the best ratings be at 2:30 and prime time?

Maybe they don't want to compete w/ ESPN and CBS' SEC game of week.

It's also a given that the powers that be do not have to sit in the Texas sun for 11am kickoffs. Let's hope we play well enough to get those 11am kickoffs.

I'll complain about it. I hate 11:00am start times. Part of the experience of college football is getting together with your friends before the game. I try to do that before 11:00am games but the energy and enthusiasm I can devote to it is pretty low at 8:30 on a Saturday morning. And that doesn't even take into account the game atmosphere where more often than not, whatever crowd is there seems half asleep and then they get hot and leave.

GoFrog Yourself

Just hope Fox doesn’t pick up the Texas game this year, seems like the only one that would be picked as “game of the week” on our home schedule (WVU at thanksgiving won’t get picked because tOSU/Michigan). I don’t mind 11am away games

MTfrog5

Just hope Fox doesn’t pick up the Texas game this year, seems like the only one that would be picked as “game of the week” on our home schedule (WVU at thanksgiving won’t get picked because tOSU/Michigan). I don’t mind 11am away games
October 26th doesn't have many huge games as of now. Pokes/ISU, Auburn/LSU, Miss State/A&M, Bama/Ark, Wisconsin/OhioState, Penn State/Mich State. Notre Dame at Michigan is this weekend though so lets hope both those teams have some early loses and we don't have more than one loss.

Frog Island

There's a 3 other potential "best games" that day. Wisconsin at OSU, ND at Michigan and Penn St at MSU.

But yes, I'm hoping for a night game when Texas comes in.

NYC Horned Frog

There's a 3 other potential "best games" that day. Wisconsin at OSU, ND at Michigan and Penn St at MSU.

But yes, I'm hoping for a night game when Texas comes in.

While I'm in the crowd who prefers night games, I'm torn when it comes to Texas in FW. The early game where Turp, Doctson, and Boykin dismantled them completely before the 1st quarter was over was pretty sweet. The storm delay post-midnight game, not so much.

The strategy, used by major networks for years, is to generate a big audience to start the day and then carry that audience through your full slate... lots of promotion during the first game for the 2:30 and 7pm kicks. It’s been harder for Fox to employ because they haven’t had a consistently good set of games every Saturday, but that’s changing with the Big 10 deal.

I expect TCU to have a majority of afternoon kicks, with a couple night and a couple 11am.