• The KillerFrogs

AFN: Kevin Cron named D-backs’ minor league player of the month

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
5cd99cf9db7f4.image.jpg

Kevin Cron named D-backs’ minor league player of the month

• Zach Alvira, AFN Sports Editor
Mountain Pointe High alum Kevin Cron has enjoyed plenty of recognition since he was drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks in 2014.

The 6-foot-5, 250-pound third baseman was recently named the D-backs’ Minor League Player of the Month for April after he had a .352 batting average, .442 on base percentage and .807 slugging percentage in 24 games for Arizona’s Triple-A affiliate, Reno.

His 33 RBIs in April lead the minors, and he was second in home runs with 11. On April 25 against the Fresno Grizzlies – the Triple-A affiliate of the Washington Nationals – Cron was 3-for-4 with 3 home runs and 7 RBIs.

Read more at http://www.ahwatukee.com/sports/article_b1a5a592-759c-11e9-9d9e-e7a0fe46d018.html

Purp

Forget the dead ball/bat era, he played in a grave yard at Lupton before they brought the fence in.
IIRC the fence has been moved in several times and the first move or two happened before Cron left, but I do think there may have been another move in since he left. The bats haven't really changed much as the BBCOR rules have been in effect nearly a decade by now. The major change was the laces on the ball, which did happen after he left. The lower profile laces on the ball make it much more aerodynamic than it was when he played. With no wind it traveled a shorter distance, but as the wind kicked up the problem grew exponentially worse.

Eight

curious what is his future?

he is 25, 26? property of a national league club with a couple of late 20's first basemen on the mlb roster ahead of him.

hiphopfroggy

curious what is his future?

he is 25, 26? property of a national league club with a couple of late 20's first basemen on the mlb roster ahead of him.

He has been the best minor leaguer for the past year and a half, Christian Walker isn't good, he needs to get called up.

hiphopfroggy

Did I just miss the switch to 3b or did that happen a while ago?

They were trying him at third for a while, but he has been back at first for the last few weeks that I have noticed. Perhaps it was correlated to Lamb moving from 3rd to 1st, and then getting hurt but that is pure speculation on my part.