• The KillerFrogs

Listenbee Lawsuit Update 3/19/2018

WhatTheFrog

It's ok Hoosierfrog, you don't know how to quote a post and that's ok.

Also, I still love you. It's obvious that you've never owned a BMW, and that's ok. If you had, you'd know.

I wrecked my first one at 150 mph and survived. That's why we bought the two that we own now. Like I said, the maintenance on them sucks. We never leave the shop at less than $1500. We are considering getting out of them, but they are paid for.

Until you drive them, you don't understand the connection of the driver to the road.

I used to be one of those non-BMW drivers that saw them drive by and I thought "What an [ Arschloch]!", but until you drive one...

I hope you enjoy your GMC. I also have 2 Ford pickups, so there's that.

WhatTheFrog

I used to drive a 10 year old 530i with a baby V-8, sweet ride & power to spare. Then I got handed the bill for my daughters braces.
Sold the car & bought a scooter. Rode that to work for over a year (one of those cold but no ice/snow Texas winters) from Trophy Club to work at Ryder on 170. No I did not ride it on 170, that’s stupid, went thru Roanoke & industrial park then crossed over 170.
Easy choice & Emily has beautiful smile now.
That's very close to where I live.

YA

Also, I still love you. It's obvious that you've never owned a BMW, and that's ok. If you had, you'd know.

I wrecked my first one at 150 mph and survived. That's why we bought the two that we own now. Like I said, the maintenance on them sucks. We never leave the shop at less than $1500. We are considering getting out of them, but they are paid for.

Until you drive them, you don't understand the connection of the driver to the road.

I used to be one of those non-BMW drivers that saw them drive by and I thought "What an [ Arschloch]!", but until you drive one...

Bingo!! I have had MB, Lexus, Audi and none of them hold a candle to the BMW.

HFrog1999

image.jpg

This thread has gone full Chris Chris

nwlafrog

Big fan of driving in double digits and not driving like a BMW person. Also a big fan of my Tahoe. We narrowed it down between the MB GLS 450 and the Tahoe LT Texas Edition. BMW’s look rad and so do MB’s, but I have no interest in the insane cost in maintenance. I can see how it would be awesome to drive one. But then again, so would a Challenger or a Charger Hellcat and I’m sure they costs a heck of a lot less to work on as well.

WhatTheFrog

Big fan of driving in double digits and not driving like a BMW person. Also a big fan of my Tahoe. We narrowed it down between the MB GLS 450 and the Tahoe LT Texas Edition. BMW’s look rad and so do MB’s, but I have no interest in the insane cost in maintenance. I can see how it would be awesome to drive one. But then again, so would a Challenger or a Charger Hellcat and I’m sure they costs a heck of a lot less to work on as well.
Yes, the Hellcat versions of Challengers and Chargers have a ton of power, but they handle for crap. My brother has one of the Challengers. He can't hang with my simple 335i vert on a road course. My car handles like it's on rails, his handles like it's on an oil slick.

I don't drag race very often. That's not what my car was designed to do. It was designed to be a "driver's car" which it does very well. That's what basically all BMWs were designed to be. Ever see a BMW commercial? They say it's the "ultimate driving machine". I tend to agree.

I have a friend that believes that if you drive a BMW, Lexus, MB, etc., that it makes you feel superior to all the other drivers on the road. These people don't mind cutting you off in traffic if they can move up one car length prior to the red light, they are just happy to be in front of you. And, if the speed limit is 70, you are driving 75, he guarantees that if you get passed, it is probably by one of these cars. He thinks they feel they are more important and can treat you like a subservient employee of theirs. After reading through this discussion, I'm going to tell him he is definitely on to something.

netty2424

Ironically, if you load a Tahoe up with their top end trim packages, the price tag is higher than a lot of BMW’s and MB. They’re becoming very costly to buy. My wife eying one for her next purchase.

Edit- not looking forward to that buy

frogs9497

My pilot wrecked my Gulfstream G650 at 450mph, but I was able to bail before it hit the ground.

Purp

I have a friend that believes that if you drive a BMW, Lexus, MB, etc., that it makes you feel superior to all the other drivers on the road. These people don't mind cutting you off in traffic if they can move up one car length prior to the red light, they are just happy to be in front of you. And, if the speed limit is 70, you are driving 75, he guarantees that if you get passed, it is probably by one of these cars. He thinks they feel they are more important and can treat you like a subservient employee of theirs. After reading through this discussion, I'm going to tell him he is definitely on to something.
I drive like this, but in a Ford. It serves a few purposes and it isn't about superiority.

1) On highways getting around larger vehicles can make it easier to see all areas of the road an anticipate things better.
2) Position at lights can be crucial b/c if you're behind the wrong car/s you're running the risk of missing the next light or subsequent lights. Always best to identify the cars you don't want to be behind and get in front of them. Multiple light cycles can add time to a commute worse than rush hour traffic if you catch too many.
3) On longer highway trips getting caught behind slower traffic in both lanes can add a lot to a commute. Getting in position to move past these obstacles as quickly and safely as possible is advantageous.

Truthfully, I think a lot more of it has to do with preferences. If you're comfortable going at faster speeds you find ways to do so. If you aren't comfortable going at faster speeds you don't and it doesn't bother you that others who do may be irritated with you. It's personal preference and risk aversion. Nobody is on the road trying to have a wreck unless they're a terrorist with explosives in the trunk so treating everyone that way on the road has served me well.