• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Purp

I guess I was speaking more towards the recent trend of City being the popular bandwagon pick due to their sharp rise to the top of the EPL (funny what some Saudi oil $$$$$$$ will do). I think for fans that have been following the game for 10-20 years you are definitely right.
Makes sense. You're definitely right with your context.

tcujsauce

We’ll be at Upper 90 again this Saturday for Bayern v. RB Leipzig should anyone in FW want to come hang for some 8:30a drinking. Had a good crowd last week.

30hph7c.jpg

Purp

Wow. I didn't see this coming. I figured Barca would score a couple and never conceived Liverpool could score enough to overcome the deficit and away goals tiebreaker. Wish I'd recorded this one now.

Purp

Now I need Spurs to pull a Liverpool. Sadly, I don't see the current run of form from that side having enough to outmatch Ajax, let alone Liverpool. The good news is it's only a 1-0 deficit and not 3.

COYS!

dawg

And no Salah right?

Indeed, and no Firmino either.

And that's not to mention Naby Keita and Adam Lallana, both of whom are done for the season. Liverpool were down two players who would walk into any 11 in the EPL and two more who would be key components in any side.

Wow. I didn't see this coming. I figured Barca would score a couple and never conceived Liverpool could score enough to overcome the deficit and away goals tiebreaker. Wish I'd recorded this one now.

As someone most of us loathe once said, "Football, bloody hell." I DVR'd the match and didn't get to watch until late last night. Almost didn't, thinking like you and most that Barca would score at least one. Holy hell... Just an utterly immense performance from Liverpool. They played from the first kick with immense courage, belief, and energy. Got at Barca's throat early and didn't let go. It annoys me when Liverpool fans talk about "Anfield Magic," but damn if that place doesn't summon up something for a European match. I also enjoyed the fact that Suarez kicking Robertson out of the game led to Wijnaldum replacing him at the half. Darn Suarez.

The Final should be entertaining, whomever makes it through tonight. I'm thinking Ajax, given they're taking an away goal back home and Spurs' recent run of form, but then I was also thinking Barca yesterday, so who knows. It would be nice to Ajax win it before 3/4 of their team gets sold, like jsauce said.

tcujsauce

Crazy pipe dream from an assumed unreliable source, but I’ll entertain that fantasy. I’m not on the #KovacOut train like a lot of the fan base seems to be, but if in some crazy reality Uli/KHR/Brazzo could pull that off, sign me up.

ten Hag was the Bayern II coach for two years so there’s at least some familiarity and possible interest.

Purp

And that's not to mention Naby Keita and Adam Lallana, both of whom are done for the season. Liverpool were down two players who would walk into any 11 in the EPL and two more who would be key components in any side.

As someone most of us loathe once said, "Football, bloody hell." I DVR'd the match and didn't get to watch until late last night. Almost didn't, thinking like you and most that Barca would score at least one. Holy hell... Just an utterly immense performance from Liverpool. They played from the first kick with immense courage, belief, and energy. Got at Barca's throat early and didn't let go. It annoys me when Liverpool fans talk about "Anfield Magic," but damn if that place doesn't summon up something for a European match. I also enjoyed the fact that Suarez kicking Robertson out of the game led to Wijnaldum replacing him at the half. Darn Suarez.

The Final should be entertaining, whomever makes it through tonight. I'm thinking Ajax, given they're taking an away goal back home and Spurs' recent run of form, but then I was also thinking Barca yesterday, so who knows. It would be nice to Ajax win it before 3/4 of their team gets sold, like jsauce said.
I'm hoping Spurs can summon up a couple more performances. I agree that 1 away goal is a big hurdle to overcome, but not nearly as difficult as the mountain Liverpool climbed yesterday and, nothing against a great Ajax side, also not against as difficult an opponent. Hopefully the weekend meltdown for Spurs gets them united for a big show in a few hours.