• The KillerFrogs

Kevin Samuel declared for the draft

Mavsman53

The NBA just submitted their list of names into the draft and Kevin Samuel has entered his name. Again, nothing to lose. Hopefully, like Bane, he will get the right information and come back to TCU

SnoSki

Weird that they have to declare to get feedback on potential draft position.

I assume bane and Samuel especially will be back.

I know all the discussion about getting a review of what’s needed and coming back - but I find it sad that TCU is probably only second behind LSU for how many players we have on that list

And it’s not because we were world beaters last year
It’s two guys though. I mean Noi is and has been gone. It doesn’t matter to him if it is NBA or Europe or whatever. He is out. Pretty much everyone expects Bane and Samuel to go through the process and be back. I’m not trying to tell you not to feel sad, I’m just stating the facts

Froggy Style

We fans have got to toughen up if we’re gonna survive the emotional roller coasters of good players.

I was critical about the season, but guys putting out feelers to make a couple million bucks is only being smart on their part.

flyfishingfrog

It’s two guys though. I mean Noi is and has been gone. It doesn’t matter to him if it is NBA or Europe or whatever. He is out. Pretty much everyone expects Bane and Samuel to go through the process and be back. I’m not trying to tell you not to feel sad, I’m just stating the facts
And Fisher - we have 4 on the list

I get the point but it seems funny that there are not very many guys from Texas, Aggy, Tech, Houston, Baylor, etc “testing” the waters to see what they need to do to improve like our guys if it is so innocent

Just seems like there is more too it under the surface, otherwise why wouldn’t every kid with the hopes of continuing to play after college declare so they could get the evaluation?

flyfishingfrog

We fans have got to toughen up if we’re gonna survive the emotional roller coasters of good players.

I was critical about the season, but guys putting out feelers to make a couple million bucks is only being smart on their part.
Maybe - but like I said in my other post - why aren’t a bunch of players from other schools doing it also then? Not like our team is some hotbed of NBA prospects traditionally

4th. down

And Fisher - we have 4 on the list

I get the point but it seems funny that not many guys from Texas, Aggy, Tech, Houston, Baylor, etc aren’t “testing” the waters to see what they need to do to improve like our guys

Just seems like there is more too it under the surface, otherwise why would every kid with the hopes of continuing to play after college declare so they could get the evaluation?

Been saying that since Fisher left. Too much upheaval in 1 season just to be a coincident. Let's assume for a moment that they all left, could we field a team? In the history of the school, 4 players in the same year declaring, seems impossible for TCU.

MTfrog5

Maybe - but like I said in my other post - why aren’t a bunch of players from other schools doing it also then? Not like our team is some hotbed of NBA prospects traditionally
They should imo but to answer you question I have no idea why they don’t enter to get feedback. I agree that it is a little worrisome though.

Westsider

Don’t these kids know there’s a certain degree of embarrassment to putting your name out there when everyone else knows you’re just not ready?