• The KillerFrogs

Frogs v DBU (Tuesday Beat the Weather Game)

Pharm Frog

I've got to go out to Los Angeles for the remainder of the week for a convention so not likely that I'll be able to tune in to at least the first couple of games against the enemy. Hopefully the Frogs get it figured out defensively, on the mound, on the base paths, and use the offense to not only put pressure on the opponent but do irreversible damage. Hope has never been a great strategy but at least it's a strategy.

LawFrog504

Honest to God, I've seen multiple high school bullpens better than ours right now. Somebody said it perfectly on here earlier, did these kids just throw balls in HS that people swung at?? We don't have a bullpen arm that could hit the side of a barn right now. Just deplorable. And to be honest I really don't want to hear about how we don't have Sloan and Smith. I was told Coughlin, King, Eissler, Rudis, Brown, Arraghetti (SP), and Perez was a top flight bullpen. It's just exhausting to watch at this point

NewFrogFan

Why if we were -as Chuck said, playing for the bunt - did it take Shep so long to get to that ball?

It was 2/3 of the way up the line

It is so embarrassing how bad we are at bunt defense

Obviously if we are practicing we need to hire a consulting coach because no one on our staff knows how to teach it

What is worse to me is the head in sand attitude that a BUNTING OFFENSE is wasted outs. If they dont win the series this weekend, this team is finished.

Pharm Frog

Not sure why there’s such a focus on pitcher’s not throwing strikes today. Walks were among the least of our many issues today. We issued 3 and DBU gave us 5. This staff has been wild a lot but not today. Today they definitely adhered to the theory of “let them hit it” and “let them bunt it”. Even Brown made it through 1.1 without hitting or walking anyone.

flyfishingfrog

Not sure why there’s such a focus on pitcher’s not throwing strikes today. Walks were among the least of our many issues today. We issued 3 and DBU gave us 5. This staff has been wild a lot but not today. Today they definitely adhered to the theory of “let them hit it” and “let them bunt it”. Even Brown made it through 1.1 without hitting or walking anyone.
You are correct - but unfortunately that seems to be the only other alternative we have - hang pitches in the middle to top of the zone so the other team can hit it like t-ball

Eissler couldn’t get a pitch below the belt unless he threw it at the ankles - so to avoid walks he gave up big hits

Green never even seemed to try to do anything but throw batting practice- which as you say was better than walking them all

Just frustrating that so many guys that were the bomb last year in relief are just bombing this year

Latest posts