• The KillerFrogs

Frogs v DBU (Tuesday Beat the Weather Game)

flyfishingfrog

It is shocking how average to below average Green, Eissler, Cal, etc are this year

I would have bet money those three and King would be the best bullpen in the country - and we may be the worst in the B12

If all you have is a high fastball at 90, you might think about becoming a submariner

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Rizer singles and Isola goes to third.
Please let Rizer swipe second before we hit into a DP.
Henry lines out to 2B.

Keefer singles in Isola and just because we didn't need him on the bases, Keefer gets thrown out trying to stretch it into a double. So...two outs and runner at third. Just when I was thinking we might see an error-free game on the base paths.

5-2 DBU

flyfishingfrog

Why is he trying to stretch that when we are still 3 runs down?

Stupid and starting to believe we are poorly coached at some level because it’s hard to believe we have this many boneheads on one team

Pharm Frog

Shepherd walks and its runners first and third with two outs for Oviedo
Oviedo singles and its 5-3.
Wolfe makes the final out and we head to the 7th

PurpleBlood87

Rizer singles and Isola goes to third.
Please let Rizer swipe second before we hit into a DP.
Henry lines out to 2B.

Keefer singles in Isola and just because we didn't need him on the bases, Keefer gets thrown out trying to stretch it into a double. So...two outs and runner at third. Just when I was thinking we might see an error-free game on the base paths.

5-2 DBU

Does Keefer know he's not that fast?

Pharm Frog

Does Keefer know he's not that fast?

Wondering what the first base coach was doing? Likely not coaching. And...I know someone's gonna say that "the play was in front of him" so it's on the runner. BS....that's true if and only if you've demonstrated that you are a good base runner. Otherwise, you must get coaching.

Rudis on to pitch

Pharm Frog

Rudis gets the leadoff K
Then a quick F8
And then Rudis walks the next batter on four pitches. Remarkable that he's done that again.
Idiot next batter comes up swinging at a breaker in the dirt.
But he walks anyway. I have no words for how quickly we can turn positive into negative

PurpleBlood87

Wondering what the first base coach was doing? Likely not coaching. And...I know someone's gonna say that "the play was in front of him" so it's on the runner. BS....that's true if and only if you've demonstrated that you are a good base runner. Otherwise, you must get coaching.

Rudis on to pitch

Sitting out a lightning delay at a high school baseball game.

Pharm Frog

And Rudis is done. Augie coming in. Let's try them all. Where's Brown?
And once again the Frogs botch a bunt play. This one with two outs. E on Guenther but it was a really poor throw from Isola. I would say remarkable but it's really not.

flyfishingfrog

And Rudis is done. Augie coming in. Let's try them all. Where's Brown?

Did these guys throw strikes in high school or just face batters that swung at balls?

Or do we try to get them to hit the edges and they didn’t need to do that in high school and they don’t have the control for it ?

Or do we change their angles and release points?

I am just confused how we have so many guys that literally can’t throw a strike