• The KillerFrogs

NFL'S WONDERLICK QB SCORES - 2019 - LEAKED

Froglaw

RAISE YOUR HAND IF YOU GUESSED WHO CAME IN LAST!!!!!

The Wonderlic Personnel Test is a popular group intelligence test used to assess the aptitude of prospective employees for learning and problem-solving in a range of occupations. The Wonderlic is available in 12 different languages and is often used in college, entry level jobs, and team-making efforts. It consists of 50 multiple choice questions to be answered in 12 minutes.

The last part of that description is important because many may not realize the test is timed.

Wonderlic scores for 2019 NFL Draft class
Quarterbacks
  • Ryan Finley: 43
  • Gardner Minshew: 42
  • Daniel Jones: 37
  • Easton Stick: 32
  • Clayton Thorson: 32
  • Trace McSorley: 31
  • Will Grier: 30
  • Brett Rypien: 28
  • Jarrett Stidham: 27
  • Drew Lock: 26
  • Tyree Jackson: 25
  • Dwayne Haskins: 25
  • Sean McGuire: 22
  • Kyler Murray: 20

• A well-researched article on Medium looked at quarterbacks only and determined there was a minor benefit at this position: "There seems to be a sort of smartness threshold, where the best NFL quarterbacks need to be at least this smart to see success. But once a QB passes that threshold (around a score of 25), their additional smartness has little to no effect on success on the field."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...aft-quarterbacks-leaked/ar-BBWbnHl?li=BBnb7Kz

tcudoc

Do the players do prep work for this exam, like you would prepare for other high stakes exams? Do they have academic coaches teach them test strategies?

Eight

Do the players do prep work for this exam, like you would prepare for other high stakes exams? Do they have academic coaches teach them test strategies?

college classes.........

i would guess that if they wished to you could fnid someone to help you prep for it similar to act and sat

Wexahu

Don't really care what he scored on his Wonderlick, but I can't believe KM is about to be the #1 pick. At least that's what everyone is saying now. He isn't going to be a good NFL QB. He's gonna look like a midget back there in the pocket and if his answer to that he's real quick and can run fast, good luck with that.

I have no idea what Kingsbury is thinking.

Chico Dusty

Don't really care what he scored on his Wonderlick, but I can't believe KM is about to be the #1 pick. At least that's what everyone is saying now. He isn't going to be a good NFL QB. He's gonna look like a midget back there in the pocket and if his answer to that he's real quick and can run fast, good luck with that.

I have no idea what Kingsbury is thinking.
Yep - KM will be a bust. And KK will be a bust as a coach.

Froglaw

Of course you never know how anyone will do on the next level.

However, what a train wreck for Cardinal fans if KK and Murray get together and set that franchise back another 5 to 6 years.

Wexahu

KK couldn't win games with Patrick Mahomes in the Big 12 LOL
He might go winless with KM in the NFL

I imagine what might happen is early on KM is going to make some really spectacular plays, mainly with his feet, and those plays are going to get completely overhyped because that's what the media does, and then he's going to get dinged up, because QBs who run a lot in the NFL get hurt. And once he gets dinged up, the running part of his game is going to mostly be taken away from him, and when that is taken away he's going to have to become mostly a drop-back in the pocket passer. And once he becomes that, he's pretty much done.

Froggish

The problem is so many QBs are coming out of college having run “systems”..One read and throw..While some of that “take what they give you” stuff has made its way to the NFL, defenses force you to take chances..Kyler will suck unless they can figure out how to get him in a lot of space..

Wexahu

The problem is so many QBs are coming out of college having run “systems”..One read and throw..While some of that “take what they give you” stuff has made its way to the NFL, defenses force you to take chances..Kyler will suck unless they can figure out how to get him in a lot of space..

He's literally played about 5 football games in his entire life in a situation where the players on his teams weren't substantially more talented than who they were facing. In other words, he's faced adversity literally about three times in his football career and on two of those ocassions he either divided his team and picked up his toys and went somewhere else or acted like a little spoiled baby in the post game press conference. I just don't get it.

jake102

set that franchise back another 5 to 6 years.

Hard to do at this point. They are picking #1 overall for a reason.

I really really really hope Kingsbury picks KM #1 overall. I think it will be awesome to watch (and ultimately fail).

However, worth noting that KM is only very slightly smaller than Wilson was at this point. I think it's going to be his attitude that ultimately fails him, not his abilities.

Pharm Frog

If the hiring of KK is (as some suggest) a desperate attempt to save Josh Rosen, why draft KM unless you are about to unload Rosen on some other team?

I imagine what might happen is early on KM is going to make some really spectacular plays, mainly with his feet, and those plays are going to get completely overhyped because that's what the media does, and then he's going to get dinged up, because QBs who run a lot in the NFL get hurt. And once he gets dinged up, the running part of his game is going to mostly be taken away from him, and when that is taken away he's going to have to become mostly a drop-back in the pocket passer. And once he becomes that, he's pretty much done.
The arc of a “running” QB in the pros

Froggish

He's literally played about 5 football games in his entire life in a situation where the players on his teams weren't substantially more talented than who they were facing. In other words, he's faced adversity literally about three times in his football career and on two of those ocassions he either divided his team and picked up his toys and went somewhere else or acted like a little spoiled baby in the post game press conference. I just don't get it.

I don’t disagree with you...It’s become so difficult in the NFL to predict what a good QB looks like that anyone with some “W”s and an arm seems like a good idea